News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Definitely unauthorized. Also, terrible music. I hate these newbies who think they can just fly their drone anywhere. Ruins it for us licensed drone pilots.

I don’t know much about drone flight - how far away can you control these civilian drones? I would think Disney could easily find these people.

tissandtully

I don’t know much about drone flight - how far away can you control these civilian drones? I would think Disney could easily find these people.
You actually can’t even launch the Mavic drones on property with the stock firmware because there’s Temporary Flight restriction over WDW. So this is someone using a modified firmware, or they faked an authorization and had DJI send them an unlock key. Disney has been known to reach out to people after seeing YouTube videos and warning and then possibly banning. Also, alerting the FAA, it’s a very big fine.

EDIT: this is barely outside the TFR

Last edited:

Creathir

You actually can’t even launch the Mavic drones on property with the stock firmware because there’s Temporary Flight restriction over WDW. So this is someone using a modified firmware, or they faked an authorization and had DJI send them an unlock key. Disney has been known to reach out to people after seeing YouTube videos and warning and then possibly banning. Also, alerting the FAA, it’s a very big fine.
Not entirely accurate.

The restriction is centered close to the Magic Kingdom and extends in a circle 3 miles in radius.

AK, DHS, and the south east edges of Epcot are outside of the restriction.

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html

tissandtully

Not entirely accurate.

The restriction is centered close to the Magic Kingdom and extends in a circle 3 miles in radius.

AK, DHS, and the south east edges of Epcot are outside of the restriction.

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html
Yep, I hadn’t looked at that area on AirMap in a while, it’s good to go. But WDW security will still have some thoughts on it!
9172A443-1B4F-4F12-A7E2-EF764007AD41.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Took this video of a Gondola leaking onto the path by the International Gateway. Not sure what it means, if anything, but thought it interesting.

I thinks that’s from the on board restroom:hungover:

The gondolas that go up much higher over the CBR drop blocks of blue ice toilet effuse.

(Or it might be gondolas weighted with containers of water as part of the testing phase and one of the containers is leaking.)

BrianLo

Tons of people climb that mountain every day (the gondola is not on the actual Stawamus Chief where people died but next to it.) The cutting could have been done anywhere along the lift line. There are even ladders on the towers for easy maintenance access.

It’s just nuts to me... that mountain is steep. I think like 3 people have died this year scaling it. How did they get up there... up to the cable... and able to cut it? And why?! My goodness.

My first thought was deliberate sabotage. This gondola project was environmentally controversial. A 55 mm steel rope doesn’t just break.

Indeed, I've done the hike a couple of times. One of the towers (from where this occurred) is very easily accessible once you are up about a third of the way. I'm certain that's where it occurred and the RCMP have stated they too suspect sabotage.

The Sea to Sky hike isn't dangerous, akin to a longer Grouse Grind. Challenging, not dangerous.

The bar at the end of hike and cheap download made this great. In fact my parents had an annual pass to it for a bit!

Add another near-death gondola trip to my growing list.

Janir

Took this video of a Gondola leaking onto the path by the International Gateway. Not sure what it means, if anything, but thought it interesting.

The air conditioner is broke and leaking condensate water. :p
Ok kidding aside, maybe they just power washed it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom