News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
please stop assuming you will be shoved into these with complete strangers. you have no knowledge to indicate this is the case
If you are riding solo or a couple and there’s a line you will most likely be riding with strangers. If there’s a short line or none at all they won’t bother to cram people in together. With the high capacity of the system there’s not going to be a lot of times with long lines.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Also keep in mind the demographic that'll be riding the Disney Skyliner, Hotel guests. It's not really meant for Park to Park transportation, you can walk to Epcot to DHS or take a boat.
There’s nothing to stop or discourage people from riding park to park. It should be faster than the boats even with transferring at the hub. My assumption is it will be pretty much the same dynamic as the boats. The boats are the primary source of transport to DHS for the Crescent Lake resorts but plenty of people not staying at those resorts take them park to park too. In the beginning when SW is new and DHS stays open late at night there will probably be a rush of people hopping from Illuminations to DHS which could result in a delay boarding. Outside of that narrow window I don’t think people using the gondolas to for example go from DHS to EPCOT/Boardwalk for dinner will cause a backup since the times traveling would be staggered enough.

joelkfla

There’s nothing to stop or discourage people from riding park to park. It should be faster than the boats even with transferring at the hub. My assumption is it will be pretty much the same dynamic as the boats. The boats are the primary source of transport to DHS for the Crescent Lake resorts but plenty of people not staying at those resorts take them park to park too. In the beginning when SW is new and DHS stays open late at night there will probably be a rush of people hopping from Illuminations to DHS which could result in a delay boarding. Outside of that narrow window I don’t think people using the gondolas to for example go from DHS to EPCOT/Boardwalk for dinner will cause a backup since the times traveling would be staggered enough.
The website says DHS is scheduled to close at 10 thru October. I don't think many people will be hopping after Illuminations or Epcot Forever; at most, they might get 15 minutes in the park before closing.

I do agree that Skyliner may become the preferred mode of transport between Epcot & DHS.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The website says DHS is scheduled to close at 10 thru October. I don't think many people will be hopping after Illuminations or Epcot Forever; at most, they might get 15 minutes in the park before closing.

I do agree that Skyliner may become the preferred mode of transport between Epcot & DHS.
They are doing the 6-9am morning extra magic hours daily through the first week of Nov so maybe they don’t need to stay open as late. For Pandora opening they had to extend AK hours to meet demand. I imagine once Rise of the Resistance opens in Dec the crowds will swell again but maybe they will offer morning hours again instead of staying open later.

Ponderer

It’s more than the animation style too.
His character is completely different. It’s hard to put your finger on, but the comedy/heart of the essence of Mickey is just not there.
It feels soulless.

Which sounds ridiculous for a cartoon character...

And yet, for many of us, the heart and comedy and essence of Mickey has been restored for the first time in decades. :🤷:

Goofyernmost

This might be a good place to interject a little Billy Shakespeare and say "The fault is not in our stars but in ourselves". The personality of Mickey is back to the beginning except he was never quite as "physical" with Minnie back then, he was maniacal and feisty when it came to the situations he constantly came in contact with. And as someone said... it's just a cartoon drawing. All anyone needs to do is just wait... everything old becomes new again, just as Mickey's current incarnation.

That said, I guess we should be back to talking about the Skyliner.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This might be a good place to interject a little Billy Shakespeare and say "The fault is not in our stars but in ourselves". The personality of Mickey is back to the beginning except he was never quite as "physical" with Minnie back then, he was maniacal and feisty when it came to the situations he constantly came in contact with. And as someone said... it's just a cartoon drawing. All anyone needs to do is just wait... everything old becomes new again, just as Mickey's current incarnation.

That said, I guess we should be back to talking about the Skyliner.
I can't recall a time when this thread ever did...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I tread lightly when asking this, but if you are taking the Skyliner from CBR to Epcot, will you be able to get off and walk to the boardwalk area or will it funnel you directly to the park?

durangojim

I tread lightly when asking this, but if you are taking the Skyliner from CBR to Epcot, will you be able to get off and walk to the boardwalk area or will it funnel you directly to the park?
No, you can walk to any of the Epcot resorts or to DHS for that matter. It doesn’t drop you in the park.
It was a good question and I’m sure you’re not the only one who was thinking it.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I don't recall sharing, but the neon on the DHS station looks so nice:

ckiIqQ3.jpg

IdVWOFW.jpg

I was planning on being in the park a bit later to get some nice night shots of it but the rain killed those plans. I really only stopped over to use my Slinky FP.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom