News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ToTBellHop

So for whatever this is worth...

I was talking with my DVC Guide yesterday and they of course were actively pushing the Riviera.

Part of her pitch was that “nothing beats a private gondola ride back to the resort”

It may have just been her impression, but it was definitely pointed out that it was a private ride. Perhaps they will be trying to keep them private except when lines get long?
They will be “private” in that some gondolas will be set aside just for Riviera but only on that CBR to IG route. They have to do this to ensure that gondolas arrive at Riviera with space. However, that doesn’t mean you won’t share a car with others from the resort. But the working poor staying at Pop Century won’t be sweating on you until you switch to a gondola to DHS.

Install a/c in the rich-people cars and I’ll consider $188/pt.

kevlightyear

Skyliner added to the maps! (not let live on website or app)

International Gateway:
Epcot skyliner.jpeg

Boardwalk turn:
Boardwalk skyliner.jpeg

Riviera Resort:
Riviera skyliner.jpeg

Caribbean Beach Hub:
Caribbean Beach skyliner.jpeg

Hollywood Studios (with new entrance):
DHS skyliner.jpeg

Pop Century/Art of Animation:
POP skyliner.jpeg

joelkfla

Skyliner added to the maps! (not let live on website or app)

International Gateway:
View attachment 394909

Boardwalk turn:
View attachment 394910

Riviera Resort:
View attachment 394911

Caribbean Beach Hub:
View attachment 394912

Hollywood Studios (with new entrance):
View attachment 394913

Pop Century/Art of Animation:
View attachment 394914
Verifies access to Riviera station from not just 1, but 2 buildings in CBR Aruba. And no pathway to Riviera Resort shown, so I think this also confirms that the station will open before the resort.

starri42

Are the ones going into the Epcot station visible if you're standing in France or across the lagoon? That would really break the forced perspective of the Eiffel Tower.

MiddKid

I remember a couple years ago when I rode the Peak2Peak Gondolas at Whistler Mt in BC, we waited around 10 mins for our "private ride". And those gondolas were huge! They were doing it for every party/group.
So I can imagine Disney doing the same thing here unless absolutely necessary if lines get backed and bogged up. Then again, the Skyliner gondalas seem to be/are always coming into the stations constantly every 10 or so seconds, compared to the Whistler gondolas.

First of all, P2P is an entirely different class with capacity for 24 seated and 4 standing per cabin and cabins departing every 49 seconds. Huge cabins, large dispatch times versus the Skyliner’s smaller cabins and quick dispatch times.

Secondly, I’ve been to Whistler multiple times per year every year since P2P’s opening in both the winter and summer. I’ve never in any of those visits seen them load one party per P2P cabin. With capacity of 28, you can have 14 in there and it feels empty. It would be crazy for them to do one party per cabin. Is there anyway you’re confusing that with your ride on the Whistler or Excalibur gondolas? The only line I’ve ever seen on P2P is for the glass bottomed cabins.

gerarar

Premium Member
First of all, P2P is an entirely different class with capacity for 24 seated and 4 standing per cabin and cabins departing every 49 seconds. Huge cabins, large dispatch times versus the Skyliner’s smaller cabins and quick dispatch times.

Secondly, I’ve been to Whistler multiple times per year every year since P2P’s opening in both the winter and summer. I’ve never in any of those visits seen them load one party per P2P cabin. With capacity of 28, you can have 14 in there and it feels empty. It would be crazy for them to do one party per cabin. Is there anyway you’re confusing that with your ride on the Whistler or Excalibur gondolas? The only line I’ve ever seen on P2P is for the glass bottomed cabins.
Actually since posting that, I went back in my photos and for sure it was P2P with the glass bottom cabins. And also giving it some thinking, there was indeed another couple of two along with us (our party of 6). We were seated in one side, while they were on the other. It's been so long that I probably forgot about that detail, but thank goodness for pictures! Brings back all the memories haha.

But besides that point, I was just saying that with Disney's "more efficient" system (in a way), they can accommodate single parties in a private gondola more...given the circumstances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom