News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

mmssbrg2

That makes sense, but it would apply only to the Riviera station, as all other stations are terminals.

Have the lights been seen on either of the other 2 lines? I don't remember any other spottings.
I would imagine, if this was the purpose of the lights, that they would have the cabins all manufactured the same so they would be interchangeable from line to line. Plus, from a manufacturing standpoint it would make sense to have them all manufactured to the same specs.

joelkfla

I would imagine, if this was the purpose of the lights, that they would have the cabins all manufactured the same so they would be interchangeable from line to line. Plus, from a manufacturing standpoint it would make sense to have them all manufactured to the same specs.
The Epcot line cabins are configured for clockwise operation, while the ones for the other 2 are for counterclockwise. The difference is which end has 3 windows, and which has 2.

Also, when the cabins were first delivered, it was observed that they were labeled for a specific line. They also appear to be segregated in the CBR storage yard.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I only partially followed the discussion about the marker lights on the cabins, so these ideas may have already been brought up, but could they indicate a cabin that's headed for the stationary load/unload platform? Since an arriving handicap cabin would have people remaining inside it as it crawled through the unload section of the station, it would be a visual signal to the unload CM not to hassle the guests to step out. And likewise after the cabin was dispatched from the stationary load, it would have to crawl through the load section of the platform. An indicator light would indicate to the loading CM not to load anyone from the standby line into that cabin.

Or perhaps they designed the Riviera station to only open the doors of cabins destined for Riviera and the lights indicate to the CM loading the cabins who to load into that cabin? (Though doing that would require two separate queues for the Epcot line)

-Rob

An indicator for the special loading area makes the most sense to me. The Riviera idea doesn't make as much sense to me since it would require the CM to ask every group of guests which station they are getting off at, and there wouldn't be a whole lot to gain by doing that.

joelkfla

The Riviera idea doesn't make as much sense to me since it would require the CM to ask every group of guests which station they are getting off at, and there wouldn't be a whole lot to gain by doing that.
I think not necessarily. The light could just indicate that the cabin has Guests inside, or has more than, say, 4 Guests inside. The Riviera cm can easily see when Guests disembark, but perhaps can't see how fully an approaching cabin is loaded. Even after the doors open, a cm at the load area may be at an angle where they can't see inside a cabin passing thru unload.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think not necessarily. The light could just indicate that the cabin has Guests inside, or has more than, say, 4 Guests inside. The Riviera cm can easily see when Guests disembark, but perhaps can't see how fully an approaching cabin is loaded. Even after the doors open, a cm at the load area may be at an angle where they can't see inside a cabin passing thru unload.

That would make sense.

bcoachable

Just got an insider to send me a picture of the top of one of the gondola towers....
Man- these are not aging well!

Attachments

• 4686909B-D1C4-47F9-BB34-A62A9432878F.jpeg
    4686909B-D1C4-47F9-BB34-A62A9432878F.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 471

tractor tipper

I know the answer is somewhere within these pages, but somebody knows the answer without looking. Which stations have the special slow down lane for the ECV,s? Thank you in advance.

Goofyernmost

I know the answer is somewhere within these pages, but somebody knows the answer without looking. Which stations have the special slow down lane for the ECV,s? Thank you in advance.
Except for the one mentioned that everyone seems at a loss to figure out at this point, they not only have a slow down but a stop completely setup for the rest of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom