News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

beertiki

We had the corner room in Aruba 56, it might be the furthest walk to Old Port Royal, but it was so close to the Riviera station that it would now be a very good location. If I was that close to the station, and they built a fence, I would be ed.

Bender123

Once again these were not designed by Disney unlike that horrible Monorail redesign.

People also seem to not notice that the monorail was never designed for air flow...Outside the little slats on the end windows, there is no ability for the monorail to vent air. The skyliner is specifically designed to keep air flow moving when the system is moving.

Trying to compare ventilation on the two systems is like comparing baseball to brain surgery...Just not at all the same thing.

joelkfla

People also seem to not notice that the monorail was never designed for air flow...Outside the little slats on the end windows, there is no ability for the monorail to vent air. The skyliner is specifically designed to keep air flow moving when the system is moving.

Trying to compare ventilation on the two systems is like comparing baseball to brain surgery...Just not at all the same thing.
I think you're thinking of the wrong monorail. The DL monorail was the one being discussed.

Bender123

I think you're thinking of the wrong monorail. The DL monorail was the one being discussed.

Im aware...The DL monorail windows, if I recall, do not open much, but also have the small slats on the ends, but are built into the monorail body as opposed to the windows.

I am not certain if they open or not, but there is almost no natural ventilation, regardless.

Bender123

Indeed...the windows do not open in the direction of travel. Its there, but not enough to make a difference in hot weather and will not be circulating very well. Its been a while since I was on them.

It looks like the slats are decorative in the VII.

I do not know how we can compare the ventilation of the Gondola, designed to force air, vs Mark VII, which was obviously limited to cracking a window.

Jon81uk

Indeed...the windows do not open in the direction of travel. Its there, but not enough to make a difference in hot weather and will not be circulating very well. Its been a while since I was on them.

It looks like the slats are decorative in the VII.

I do not know how we can compare the ventilation of the Gondola, designed to force air, vs Mark VII, which was obviously limited to cracking a window.
View attachment 390172

This was thoroughly discussed two pages ago https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-gondola-transportation-disney-skyliner.924477/post-8779734

Bender123

ChrisFL

Premium Member
in a way I'm surprised it isn't opening before SW:GE, however this would be better if they do have any issues and it should be at least a bit cooler weather by then

cosmicgirl

The good news is that TSTSNBN loses face once again. ;)

I was wondering about something the other day: did the path/dirt road south of the CBR station towards Pop&Art ever get that surface treatment that the part through the trees towards DHS did? I don't recall seeing aerials of the work being done there. Wouldn't that path need to meet the same requirements for evacuation equipment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom