News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, June 7, 2019. One Skyliner sign is visible at the Hollywood Studios gondola station. The stainless steel letters are not dirty, just reflecting light from another surface.

IMG_1402.JPG

The new building at Art of Animation near the Skyliner station has a restroom sign visible now. Work continues on the surrounding landscaping.

IMG_1401.JPG

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Photo update as of Friday, June 7, 2019. One Skyliner sign is visible at the Hollywood Studios gondola station.

View attachment 379923

The new building at Art of Animation near the Skyliner station has a restroom sign visible now. Work continues on the surrounding landscaping.

View attachment 379924
Man, that restroom looks small. Just a step or two above a porta potty. That is probably going to have longer lines then the Gondola's themselves.😐

Last edited:

iowamomof4

Photo update as of Friday, June 7, 2019. One Skyliner sign is visible at the Hollywood Studios gondola station.

View attachment 379923

View attachment 379924
Wow, they've made a lot of progress on those restrooms since we were there 2 1/2 weeks ago!

peter11435

Never had kids have you?
I do actually.

And I still know these restrooms won’t be anywhere near as crazy as you think.

Ever get off a bus at a resort bus stop? Most don’t have restrooms anywhere near them.

I suspect that the driving force behind constructing these restrooms has nothing to do with guest use but rather OSHA requirements for the skyliner station cast.

Goofyernmost

I do actually.

And I still know these restrooms won’t be anywhere near as crazy as you think.

Ever get off a bus at a resort bus stop? Most don’t have restrooms anywhere near them.

I suspect that the driving force behind constructing these restrooms has nothing to do with guest use but rather OSHA requirements for the skyliner station cast.
I agree with you, just making a joke, however, knowing Disney lines I may not be far off.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People better in the know have said it's probably mostly there for those who work the gondolas, otherwise, they'd have to run to the lobbies of Pop and AoA.

Also, if people line up very early in the morning waiting for the gondola to start up to get to DHS very early for rope drop.

Otherwise, even at peak times, that station will not have any significant line unless you can manage to get several thousand guests from those resorts to all show up within five minutes of each other... and that doesn't happen for the buses.

Polydweller

If you're not joking... the dark spots that you can see on the sign are the reflections of other objects nearby. Mirror like surfaces reflect things. So not filthy, just doing what they do.
I hope he is joking because it’s very obvious it’s reflections. The upright is reflecting a palm tree.

peter11435

Since when do Cast Members use the same facilities as guests?

The attachment detail and draining of the restroom building’s canopy is rough, to say the least.
Cast members are allowed to use guest restrooms in some cases. Obviously using backstage cast restrooms is preferred but not always an option or available depending on location. A good example is the guest restrooms at Disney Springs town center that are constantly utilized by bus drivers.

I doubt it made sense to build a cast restroom facility on the bridge and the nearest cast location at pop or art of animation would likely be too far.

durangojim

I haven't seen this mentioned, but is there an associated noise with the skyliners? I don't mean an artificial noise but just one that is created from the cables running? If so how loud or quiet is it and can it be heard when nearby?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom