News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, May 18, 2019. Not sure this view has been posted. The roofline metal wrap-around at the Hollywood Studios Skyliner station is a nice art deco touch.

IMG_1349.JPG

fngoofy

Villains are a niche market. These have to appeal to families with small kids who might be scared to get in a gondola with Maleficent or the Evil Queen

Pete is cartoonish enough to be non-threatening, and I think young kids don't know who he is, anyway. I have to admit, I myself don't know who Bellwether is.
Pete is all over Mickey Mouse Club House.
Favorite Pete quote, while holding a ball of yarn "why, I find this oddly compelling."

brb1006

Villains are a niche market. These have to appeal to families with small kids who might be scared to get in a gondola with Maleficent or the Evil Queen

Pete is cartoonish enough to be non-threatening, and I think young kids don't know who he is, anyway. I have to admit, I myself don't know who Bellwether is.
What do you mean not that many kids know Pete? He is prominent in newer Mickey Mouse related works and cartoons.
220px-Peg-Leg_Pete.png

Last edited:

joelkfla

Pete is all over Mickey Mouse Club House.
Favorite Pete quote, while holding a ball of yarn "why, I find this oddly compelling."
What do you mean not that many kids know Pete? He was prominent in newer Mickey Mouse related works and cartoons.
220px-Peg-Leg_Pete.png
Oh - I've never watched them. I didn't know he was in the new stuff. But is he portrayed as truly scary, like the classic villains and the ones in the newer feature animation?

brb1006

Oh - I've never watched them. I didn't know was in the new stuff. But is he portrayed as truly scary, like the classic villains and the ones in the newer feature animation?
Depending on the work, Pete is usually portrayed as truly scary, or played villainous roles (The Prince and the Pauper, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy The Three Musketeers, the older Disney Cartoons)
scarypete.PNG

vlcsnap-2014-11-16-18h52m09s45.png

A jerk (Mickey Mouseworks/House Of Mouse , Mickey's Ounce Upon A Christmas, Goofy Troop, Kingdom Hearts)
latest

Or a lovable jerk (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse/Mickey and the Roadside Racers)
5357393a6097e.image.jpg

These days, Pete leans more on the lovable jerk side. But he still plays the role as a main antagonist and a jerk as seen in the newer Mickey Mouse Shorts. Helps that Pete was created for the "Alice Comedies" predating Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Mickey and Friends.

The general public know Pete as Mickey's arch-enemy and known for kidnapping Minnie occasionally. The newer Mickey Mouse shorts by Paul Rudish had a cartoon dedicated to Mickey and Pete's rivalry.

Last edited:

LSLS

So finally had my trip down there. Definitely tons of testing going on. Funny, they completely shocked me when I was driving over from Disney Springs. Guess I had just completely forgotten that was all going on and I just did a complete double take at these big gondolas all over the place. They should be a good means of transport. After driving with our windows down for a bit, I'm not sold on them being comfortable in heat, but then again, considering the AC was not working/working poorly on most of the busses we were on nor the monorails, might not be much different from what we saw this past week.

Disney Dad 3000

This has to open before their announced Fall window, right?

I'm still holding out hope for mid July. Probably wishful thinking but seems like the opportunity is there with the work that is going on.

Feel like I've kept up with the thread a good bit, and probably impossible to know testing wise and training wise how much they have left, but anybody that's seen them firsthand with a construction background have a guesstimate how far the stations themselves are from completion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom