News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jrhwdw

I wonder why the testing ones still have the covers on?
I know! Granted I never liked the covers from the start. Do POP and the Epcot line have to through the same system? Covers for weeks, than shedding the only plain colored gondolas, then revealing every gondola on that line? How long is this going to take? How long did DHS take from nothing on the line to all the characters?

Patcheslee

I know! Granted I never liked the covers from the start. Do POP and the Epcot line have to through the same system? Covers for weeks, than shedding the only plain colored gondolas, then revealing every gondola on that line? How long is this going to take? How long did DHS take from nothing on the line to all the characters?
Last I remember reading about first testing was back in February.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I was thinking about the towers lately. I know that it's been said that it is highly unlikely to impossible to paint the towers now that they are in place, but would some type of wrap be possible? If so, I imagine it could be possible to make a wrap that looks like the background of the tower, making it look almost invisible.

Of course PETA would have an issue once birds started flying into them!! ;)

ImperfectPixie

I was thinking about the towers lately. I know that it's been said that it is highly unlikely to impossible to paint the towers now that they are in place, but would some type of wrap be possible? If so, I imagine it could be possible to make a wrap that looks like the background of the tower, making it look almost invisible.

Of course PETA would have an issue once birds started flying into them!! ;)
They'd need to be wrapped indoors in order to avoid having dirt/dust/bugs/whatever getting stuck under the wraps. Not only that, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to have to be the person installing a wrap on one of those things once they're in the ground...

pdude81

I'm not sure there is any benefit to wrapping the towers unless the idea was to have very thin billboards. Also, the background of the tower depends on where you are looking at it from, so it's probably not even theoretically possible given an unlimited amount of money.

mm121

Would they consider leaving the majority or all of the character gondolas on the CB to DHS line?

That would mean almost all guests to DHS would get to ride in a character. Plus would keep characters out of the resort areas that have normally been mostly character free zones. And IG at World Showcase has been mostly character free until the recent addition of Frozen.

skyliner-gondola-update-may-2019

jrhwdw

Would they consider leaving the majority or all of the character gondolas on the CB to DHS line?

That would mean almost all guests to DHS would get to ride in a character. Plus would keep characters out of the resort areas that have normally been mostly character free zones. And IG at World Showcase has been mostly character free until the recent addition of Frozen.

skyliner-gondola-update-may-2019
I doubt they only made 55 Character gondolas.

Cmdr_Crimson

I doubt they only made 55 Character gondolas.

If this was the case...I made concepts of one's the SHOULD make....

Attachments

• Cmdr Crimson Wrap Concepts.jpg
    Cmdr Crimson Wrap Concepts.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 188

mm121

I am convinced they decided to reveal today because of me lol (kidding but the timing is sus) I did lots of investigative photography yesterday around several resorts and DHS taking pics and was stopped a few times matter of fact. I had my DSLR with zoom lens and was trying to figure out the character designs, even managed to get a pic of something clearly written in German and from Doppelmayr. Also got a super up close clear visual of what the tags on the wraps say (thinking about making that into a sticker or something and selling it) take a look and have fun. part 1 of photos
Those stickers prove there weren't really many delays building the cabins since they were complete way back last summer.

Purduevian

And interesting that so far the only Marvel design features Guardians.

I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the marvel contract. Similar to how the monorail that was wrapped in Avengers never went to EPCOT as it would have then been displaying Marvel inside a theme park. The gondolas on the Epcot line will cross over EPCOT's France area and technically be in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom