News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Unbanshee

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

joelkfla

Interesting that there are 3 vents on the rear end of the cabin, but only 2 on the front. Maybe that's to draw up air from the bottom vents. I suppose the ends will be reversed on the lines that move clockwise (if any).

On the 2nd photo, I think I see the tip of the side vent extended.

Last edited:

BrerJon

They look lovely. I'm sure that the character art decals will no doubt fade and peel in the sun within a year or two, let's hope they've planned refurbs for that side of things - but as of right now, all brand new, they look great.

etc98

I guess those character portraits will be "chopped up" most of the time so the passengers don't combust. Valiant sacrifice.
Not at all! I'm not sure how I missed it, but BlogMickey actually posted a really good look at the gondola model in November. Only way I saw it was from the link in his recent post

Based on this link, the actual characters are on the side opposite the doors, not on the sides with windows.

actioncookbook

I still think this will be the hottest, most uncomfortable thing ever.

I worked for Busch Gardens Tampa and was a supervisor on their SkyRide a VonRoll ride that is super similar.

Even with completely open cabins, the middle of August made for a hot, HOT ride.

Clamman73

I still think this will be the hottest, most uncomfortable thing ever.

I worked for Busch Gardens Tampa and was a supervisor on their SkyRide a VonRoll ride that is super similar.

Even with completely open cabins, the middle of August made for a hot, HOT ride.
You can see how the vents on these are of different total area on opposite sides of each other...this should increase flow to an already decent amount of flow in what we see their speed show in videos already.
If the cab was totally open equally I think you would actually get less velocity of air blowing through the cab.

actioncookbook

I mean I see it but I think once you pack it full of people and strollers and whatever else nonsense they bring on vacation it'll restrict flow and heat things up.

Plus in the event of rain or a crazy humid day just adds up to a very "meh" thing for me.

I'll stick to the car and the AC :)

jt04

I know some people though there might be video screens in the cars, but I don't see any evidence of that, although can't be 100% sure from those photos.

I mentioned people staring at their personal devices instead of being interested in backstage areas of Epcot. I doubt there will be installed screens.

Also, pretty sure Disney announced "some" gondola will have graphics. That explains the plain one seen today.

My theory is the graphics are to calm nerves of people who might have some fear of riding especially children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom