News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

wdizneew

Awesome. Buses carry maybe 40 people per, come every 20 minutes, so hourly capacity of 120. 30x is a nice round increase factor.

It's actually 72 people is the max capacity for the regular buses and I believe 120 for the articulating buses. The gondolas will definitely free up buses for use at other resorts and hopefully bring down the wait times. Hopefully...

flynnibus

Premium Member

winstongator

It's actually 72 people is the max capacity for the regular buses and I believe 120 for the articulating buses. The gondolas will definitely free up buses for use at other resorts and hopefully bring down the wait times. Hopefully...
15X vs. 30X is still a massive difference. Another way to look at it is the buses represent 6% instead of 3% of the Gondola capacity. If you take Art & Pop's buses together, then you're a lot closer to 10x capacity. What I wonder is how many people that would have driven their own cars to parks will choose the Skyliner as opposed to those that would choose it over the buses (also many on this forum think that when the skyline opens they'll stop the buses for those resort-park connections, but that's another story).

KingOfEpicocity

Does Disney run buses from say MK to the Bay lake hotels? Last time i stayed at Beach club I remember world showcase closing early, and there being no bus to our hotel. So we couldn't walk back, and had to wait for a swan and dolphin bus to come pick us up. Would Disney decrease or end the bus service to Caribbean beach and Pop/AOA? or was this just a bad night for Disney...

GlacierGlacier

I'm excited to see how the gondolas look operating at Epcot. Having something kinetic behind the world showcase pavilions could really add something neat to the experience.

Also, watching whatever lake show is running at the time from that height (when you're close enough in the gondolas to see it) could be quite cool.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So are these figures just for the DHS/CBR line?

We're presuming capacity for each line will be the same as they fill up each rope with the same spacing of gondolas and run them at the same speed and have the same number of gondolas creeping through the stations.

During this testing period we've seen different rope speeds and different spacing, so, we don't have any hard info on what the final capacity will be, just a range.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I had a random thought the other day. Pulling into the gondola headfirst should be pretty easy on the ECV.

But what about backing out? We all know the drivers are worse at backing them they are driving forward. So if they do not have the double bull wheel at all stations... what does that mean?

Do you think they make them back the ECV into the gondola on the stopped line so that they can exit easier when there is not a double bull wheel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom