News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
so it never quite clicked to me till now... that one of the lines runs right inbetween the two storage yards. That's gonna be rather 'ugly' and 'belly of the beast' looking. The latest bioreconstruct photos show just how close all that really is... eww
Plant some shrubs and trim them to look like Disney characters. Or if looking for a low cost option maybe a giant bed sheet;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Anyone know why one side of the holding lanes has a concrete floor and the other side is still dirt?

Given all the lifts and construction vehicles... I would say 'not done yet' :)

And the populated area looks like crushed stone... or has the worst dirt retention edge ever made :) The concrete truck seen in the other photo could be pouring areas or items besides the storage yard

surfsupdon

I still cannot believe Disney would want CBR Guests crossing that main entry roadway to get to Gondola station. Bus traffic and car traffic is pretty high, and at park openings or closings I’d think lots of Guests would be crossing....which could lead to roadway congestion.

Solution is to build an offshoot of the main promenade to go under the bridge alongside the lake....then follow the shoreline to the Station.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I still cannot believe Disney would want CBR Guests crossing that main entry roadway to get to Gondola station. Bus traffic and car traffic is pretty high,

Why is traffic high there? It’s just the circulator road for cbr. I think most people would be looking for the bus there... so I’m kinda surprised they haven’t made a bus stop lane there and shelter.

iowamomof4

Guests at CBR already cross that road in two places just over the bridge from the new crosswalk, highlighted in yellow here. I think the new crosswalk is approximately where the red circle is and there is also a second new crosswalk a bit to the left of my red circle.

peter11435

Guests at CBR already cross that road in two places just over the bridge from the new crosswalk, highlighted in yellow here. I think the new crosswalk is approximately where the red circle is and there is also a second new crosswalk a bit to the left of my red circle.

View attachment 350515
Very few guests actually cross the road. The yellow circle on the right connects parking lots and is rarely used. Most guests use the path to the left of your other circle that goes under the bridge along the water. Additionally the only guests needing to cross that road currently are those staying in Trinidad South. Far more guests will now need to cross the road and will not have the under bridge option currently available.

iowamomof4

Very few guests actually cross the road. The yellow circle on the right connects parking lots and is rarely used. Most guests use the path to the left of your other circle that goes under the bridge along the water. Additionally the only guests needing to cross that road currently are those staying in Trinidad South. Far more guests will now need to cross the road and will not have the under bridge option currently available.

Fair point, but the previous poster seemed to be saying it was unprecedented to have guests at CBR crossing that road at all and I just wanted to point out there were already 2 crosswalks on that road just a little ways away from the new ones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They should just put in a crosswalk with clearly marked signs and a stop sign. I feel like if cars/buses are forced to stop for a stop sign they are much less likely to run down a pedestrian. If it became a major problem they could even add a traffic light with a pedestrian crossing button. I think stop signs and a cross walk should be good enough to solve the problem.

peter11435

Fair point, but the previous poster seemed to be saying it was unprecedented to have guests at CBR crossing that road at all and I just wanted to point out there were already 2 crosswalks on that road just a little ways away from the new ones.

Correct. And it’s certainly not uncommon for guests to have to cross traffic to access transportation. SSR, OKL and FW all come to mind.

joelkfla

I still cannot believe Disney would want CBR Guests crossing that main entry roadway to get to Gondola station. Bus traffic and car traffic is pretty high, and at park openings or closings I’d think lots of Guests would be crossing....which could lead to roadway congestion.

Solution is to build an offshoot of the main promenade to go under the bridge alongside the lake....then follow the shoreline to the Station.
It's not on the main entry road. Only cars coming or going to Barbados or Trinidad (55% of the remaining units), or Old Port Royale go that way. The crosswalk is beyond the entrance to the Jamaica parking. They might put a stop sign at the crosswalk.

Last edited:

iowamomof4

It's not on the main entry road. Only cars coming or going to Barbados or Trinidad (55% of the remaining units), or Old Port Royale go that way. The crosswalk is beyond the entrance to the Jamaica parking. They might put a stop sign at the crosswalk.

I don't see a 2nd new crosswalk in the image.

I snipped this from Bioreconstruct's photo. I think I've circled the two future crosswalks correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom