News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh vey is not an expression; it's oy veh, or oy vey phonetically.
2qki3j.jpg

Incomudro

why is no one talking about my worst fear with these gondolas... being stuck with 9 other people who can possibly start screaming about the heights the swaying... the potential odor from sweaty ppl in a box. I love gondola rides but im used to 2-4 people ones. Lets be honest here.. yes they fit 10 but even with my butt in there no way 10 ppl are fitting so its going to be more like 6-7 imo. Smell+screaming kids+ potential sway sickness of others.. now thats scary lol

This is far and away the thing I fear (for want of a better word) most about the Gondolas.
Heat and humidity - sure. But if it's just me and my family in there, we'll be ok.
Some smelly strangers possibly with horrible kids? An absolute hell on wires.
Fortunately those in the know here assure us that gondolas will be frequent enough to secure our own.
Personally, I wouldn't get in one any other way.

jaxonp

In just the time it would take 60 people to get on a bus, the gondola will have all 60 people in the air (suffering from stiflingly hot Suffocation and worried about being dropped into alligator-infested Waters.) On their way! :)

That's one way to deal with over crowding.

truecoat

why is no one talking about my worst fear with these gondolas... being stuck with 9 other people who can possibly start screaming about the heights the swaying... the potential odor from sweaty ppl in a box. I love gondola rides but im used to 2-4 people ones. Lets be honest here.. yes they fit 10 but even with my butt in there no way 10 ppl are fitting so its going to be more like 6-7 imo. Smell+screaming kids+ potential sway sickness of others.. now thats scary lol

There's a lot of ifs in your assumption. What time of day will affect how many people might be on the gondola with you. What time of year will affect the temp as today is what, 75°? It'll be in the 60's by 10 pm. It's hot in Florida, everyone knows that but if your biggest fear is for it to break down while you are in it filled to the brim with people at 100 degrees, you are worrying about the wrong things.

Ladybat

You guys are really really funny. I've been trolling around out here reading for several days now and finally decided to join. Okay, so we have our WDW Caribbean Beach resort vacation booked for June 8 to the 16th 2019. I know the official date given by Disney on the Gondolas being running is Fall of 2019. Any one out there think there is the slightest chance they might be running when we get there? I've heard a rumor there is now a good possibility they might be open by spring 2019. I'm trying not get my hopes up but you know how that goes when you are in the thralls of a WDW vacation goal/plan.

Notes from Neverland

You guys are really really funny. I've been trolling around out here reading for several days now and finally decided to join. Okay, so we have our WDW Caribbean Beach resort vacation booked for June 8 to the 16th 2019. I know the official date given by Disney on the Gondolas being running is Fall of 2019. Any one out there think there is the slightest chance they might be running when we get there? I've heard a rumor there is now a good possibility they might be open by spring 2019. I'm trying not get my hopes up but you know how that goes when you are in the thralls of a WDW vacation goal/plan.

I asked a very similar question and one of the best here, @marni1971, said it should be opened by September 2019 if not quite a bit earlier.

Ladybat

I asked a very similar question and one of the best here, @marni1971, said it should be opened by September 2019 if not quite a bit earlier.

Yes it seems we are likely to miss it. It would be nice to be able to ride it while we are there. Its those rumors like "quite a bit earlier" that keep my hopes up about it.

RonAnnArbor

At this point, they have done physical testing on the lines with special test gondolas - although real gondolas are nowhere to be seen (except for the "show" gondolas they have used at public exhibits)...BUT...they aren't going to open just because the ride is built -- they have to also have at least a modicum of construction completed around the Riviera and other areas before they can open anything. That is all still a HUGE sandy muddy mess back there.

Minnie1976

There will probably be a jump ramp for the ECV. They will get the ECV going as fast as they can hit the ramp and go airborne into the gondola. They will hope to go through the opening. Kind of like skate boarding. Should be something to see! LOL!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom