News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

SLUSHIE

Those rails at the turn station are pretty random. Especially since they just seem to dead end right at the pole.

They could potentially have storage/facilities under this station, but with all the storage at the hub I don't see why they would. They could go right back on where they came off, or some how make their way around to the other size.

Goofyernmost

That summarizes this entire thread!
You'd think that in order to ride a gondola, you have to be called upon to recite all the engineering details of the system and be prepared to fix it. I do like to know about stuff and how it works, within reason. I don't have to know or make like I know every nut and bolt in the system and what it does. If we can think of these questions it is a good chance that Disney folks have thought of it and addressed the situation to work for the guests that will be using it. We are kidding ourselves if we really think that we know more about this stuff then the engineers that actually work for Disney or the companies that sell the equipment needed unless we are actually in that particular field.

I am really looking forward to the Gondola's and intend to ride it from one end to the other at least once. It really looks like it will be fun to ride. But, like plugging in a lamp in an outlet. All I really need to know that if I do that the light will light. All the engineering that makes the electricity eventually end up in my wall socket really isn't important. I just needed the light to go on.

MickeyMinnieMom

This isn't to trump anyone's statements, but I'd thought about something... It was stated that the stations were being installed with a second loading zone, so are we to venture a guess that the second loading area would be used for guests with ECVs?? IF the second loading zone isn't designed with drive tires, then would we guess that cast will hold the car steady, and push it into rotation or into a set of drive tires into the lineup and let the computer do the rest?? I only speak on this in speculation as when I'd worked in monorails, I'd encountered guests with ECVs, and some don't really know how to drive them around a stationary cabin, let alone a moving one...
I seem to recall such a discussion about 200 pages or so back...
That summarizes this entire thread!
As someone new to this Board (though I’ve stalked over the years!!), I just wanted to say how much I’m appreciating the discussion and banter, and leaving room for people to share opinions even if they haven’t been following every thread every day for years!! I appreciate that this isn’t being moderated to within an inch of its life and still feels FUN.

So thanks!!

The end. :)

OG Runner

As someone new to this Board (though I’ve stalked over the years!!), I just wanted to say how much I’m appreciating the discussion and banter, and leaving room for people to share opinions even if they haven’t been following every thread every day for years!! I appreciate that this isn’t being moderated to within an inch of its life and still feels FUN.

So thanks!!

The end. :)

Glad to have you join the discussion, just don't mention air conditioning. o_O

Grimley1968

There appears to be quite a bit of electrical even in the Boardwalk turn station. You can see all the conduits in this picture.
View attachment 314574

There has been some discussion of backup power at the smaller stations. I'm pretty sure that's a Kohler backup generator next to the left concrete support. Whether it's diesel, natural gas, or propane I can't tell. It's capable of powering anything at that station for as long as it has fuel, with probably no more than a 5 second or so loss of power when the grid power fails. They're quite loud, but certainly do the job.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
There has been some discussion of backup power at the smaller stations. I'm pretty sure that's a Kohler backup generator next to the left concrete support. Whether it's diesel, natural gas, or propane I can't tell. It's capable of powering anything at that station for as long as it has fuel, with probably no more than a 5 second or so loss of power when the grid power fails. They're quite loud, but certainly do the job.
It's on a pad, so it might be permanent, but it could also just be jobsite power...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Glad to have you join the discussion, just don't mention air conditioning. o_O
You mean they have changed plans and we are not getting a/c ...

Bazinga-660x350.jpg

Flalex72

It's on a pad, so it might be permanent, but it could also just be jobsite power...

The "blend-in beige" paint scheme (cousin to "go-away green") makes me think it's permanent. Jobsite or rental power is usually white or another visible colour in my experience.

nace888

So far the consensus of the thread is "by/around Halloween."
Honestly, if all 3 cables are run by then, I COULD POTENTIALLY see testing from November to February, with a potential open in late February to early March. 3 months is enough time for testing and training...

R-r-right? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom