News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Creathir

Since the CBR station is where they have the cabin storage facility, wouldn't they also have the stubs there to move the cabins off the line and into storage there? I'm thinking that they'd add/remove cabins there?

And why have two stubs, one on each side?

Your idea is still the one that makes the most sense, Do all systems have a stub rail for each line? I don't remember seeing them on any of the lifts I've ridden. (Doesn't mean they weren't there, just that I don't remember seeing them!)
This is just a wild guess, but maybe the exterior storage at CBR is meant for just standard storage, and during a Hurricane situation they will take them to a warehouse or something?

In that situation, they may want to remove them as quickly as possible, hence the need for a dual stub rail setup?

Lift Blog

These kinds of rails are used only on detachable lifts (both chairlifts and gondolas.) They are for when a carrier needs to be either be launched into the system or taken out of rotation. You technically only need one stub rail at one end of a lift. Many operators buy longer and/or multiple rails for flexibility and so they can remove more carriers at a time.

Say a cabin causes a door monitoring fault leaving CBB headed towards Riviera. That means the doors aren't locking properly, for whatever reason. Without a second maintenance rail, that cabin would have to travel through five more stations before it arrived back at the hub. It would cause the lift to stop five more times. With rails on both sides of BoardWalk, a gondola is never more than two stops away from a rail where it can be removed from service.

As I mentioned above, this also may be a good place to remove cabins completely from the system if they need to be sent off site. The hub may become a bit of an island in a sea of people once it opens.

If these are indeed stub rails, I'd expect a platform to be built underneath as cabins are usually moved by hand on these rails.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

This is just a wild guess, but maybe the exterior storage at CBR is meant for just standard storage, and during a Hurricane situation they will take them to a warehouse or something?

In that situation, they may want to remove them as quickly as possible, hence the need for a dual stub rail setup?
Hurricanes are known about days in advance, so there is plenty of time to move vehicle to the storage yard. There is nothing that would be quick or easy about removing gondolas off the system from the Boardwalk turning station. It is elevated and such a removal of vehicles would be needlessly complicated.

JoeCamel

Hurricanes are known about days in advance, so there is plenty of time to move vehicle to the storage yard. There is nothing that would be quick or easy about removing gondolas off the system from the Boardwalk turning station. It is elevated and such a removal of vehicles would be needlessly complicated.
How about an evac platform?

NormC

No, that storage area is for hurricanes or other situations where the cabins need to be removed from the lines. In normal use they will just be left hanging on the lines.

JoeCamel

What would be the point? This system has miles and miles of cable with no platforms or walkways.
Compare it to how they build coasters, not all has a path but where they can put them in they do. Who knows? Guess we will see once they build more and the speculation can end

Lift Blog

Compare it to how they build coasters, not all has a path but where they can put them in they do. Who knows? Guess we will see once they build more and the speculation can end
There are a couple non loading angle stations around and they look like this:
img_3183.jpg

sunshine-021.jpg

Monorail_Red_77

I'm pretty sure the ladder is at the Tron construction.

Here's a bit of good news. I spotted a whole heard of ladders over at AK on the walkway to Conservation Station. Apparently its ladder mating season. You know what that means, shortly we will have more projects being worked on with all those little step ladders. Pic is as of Sat 9-15 12:02pm

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_0483.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom