News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

Do you think they are going to build a steel platform under the cars in case emergency unloading is needed? Looks like they need to build something there since the service stairs don't go anywhere right now.
They never put any on the Monorails and those are going to be gliding much lower then the Monorails, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Lift Blog

Do you think they are going to build a steel platform under the cars in case emergency unloading is needed? Looks like they need to build something there since the service stairs don't go anywhere right now.
I was thinking no platform based on what we've seen. Maybe just some catwalks from the bottoms of the stairs to the little building. Those posts, one on each side, appear to go right into the terminal. They must be for something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was thinking no platform based on what we've seen. Maybe just some catwalks from the bottoms of the stairs to the little building. Those posts, one on each side, appear to go right into the terminal. They must be for something.

Probably the poles for billboards that Disney will rent to Cracker Barrel.

nickys

Premium Member

Bio gave us another photo. I think these are going to be stub rails on both sides of the Boardwalk station for launching and/or removing cabins if necessary. Might be easier to roll a truck/crane in there than the hub, especially once the system is open.

Stub rails? Can you explain please?

Here comes our next lesson on gondola systems. Who says frequenting internet fan sites aren’t educational? :p

toolsnspools

Looks to me like the station will be on the second floor, and the poles are part of the station building that will be built around the standard gondola station sections.

Lift Blog

Stub rails? Can you explain please?

Something like this.
img_6636.jpg

I assumed there would only be rails at the hub because they are kind of ugly but Disney may have wanted options to pull carriers off elsewhere.

Last edited:

Lensman

Bio gave us another photo. I think these are going to be stub rails on both sides of the Boardwalk station for launching and/or removing cabins if necessary. Might be easier to roll a truck/crane in there than the hub, especially once the system is open.

Since the CBR station is where they have the cabin storage facility, wouldn't they also have the stubs there to move the cabins off the line and into storage there? I'm thinking that they'd add/remove cabins there?

And why have two stubs, one on each side?

Your idea is still the one that makes the most sense, Do all systems have a stub rail for each line? I don't remember seeing them on any of the lifts I've ridden. (Doesn't mean they weren't there, just that I don't remember seeing them!)

Edited to add that I see that you subsequently posted the following explanation:
I assumed there would only be rails at the hub because they are kind of ugly but Disney may have wanted options to pull carriers off elsewhere.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom