News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Tom P.

I guess I am just stupid. While this article appears to be in English I do not understand one word of it!

:)
That's because it doesn't use the word "portmanteau." Everyone knows that no Wikipedia article is authoritative unless the lead paragraph uses "portmanteau."

:)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Isn't the total travel time for the gondolas pretty short? I mean if it's a 30 minute journey I can see where A/C would be a big deal, but just a few short minutes, and they'll have some kind of vents for air to go through I'm guessing.

durangojim

Isn't the total travel time for the gondolas pretty short? I mean if it's a 30 minute journey I can see where A/C would be a big deal, but just a few short minutes, and they'll have some kind of vents for air to go through I'm guessing.
i think youre looking at at least 30 mins from Epcot to DHS

durangojim

No way. You can walk between the two parks in 30 minutes and these will be traveling faster than most people walk.
you realize how short the distance is from the International Gateway and DHS is right?

EDIT: I didn't realize there was no direct route between them, nevermind!
It's not a direct connection between the two parks and you stop at the Riviera and Carribean Beach.
Disney-Skyliner-Map.jpg

durangojim

I think it will be less then that. Should be 5 to 10 minutes actually in the car per leg, and then whatever the transfer time is at CBR. Unless the lines are long you should be able to do the Epcot to DHS trip in less then 20 minutes.
I hope you're right but I'm still betting 30 mins

geekza

It's not a direct connection between the two parks and you stop at the Riviera and Carribean Beach.
Disney-Skyliner-Map.jpg
Oh, good lord. I didn't know it was so skygoggled, either. I'm wondering if the plan is that guests would have to disembark at the Caribbean Beach stop and then transfer to an Epcot gondola. If the gondolas are crowded, which they will be if buses aren't running from those resorts to Epcot or DHS any longer, that will definitely increase the time it takes to get from one park to another.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, good lord. I didn't know it was so skygoggled, either. I'm wondering if the plan is that guests would have to disembark at the Caribbean Beach stop and then transfer to an Epcot gondola. If the gondolas are crowded, which they will be if buses aren't running from those resorts to Epcot or DHS any longer, that will definitely increase the time it takes to get from one park to another.

Yes, you will have to transfer at CBR, but not at Riveira. This system has a huge capacity so there shouldn't be much of a line expect during the busiest times, like at park closing.

durangojim

Cough, cough. Told you so;)

joelkfla

It will be a lot less than 30 minutes ride time. 7 m/s is 15.6 mph. That is the top speed of the D-line.
Actual distance from IG to DHS along the Skyliner route is 2.1 mi. At 15.6 mph, that works out to 8 minutes traveling at full speed. Gondolas won't stop at Riviera, just slow down, which might take 2-3 minutes to pass thru the station. So adding a few minutes for acceleration and deceleration at each station, I think the time spent in the cabins from IG to DHS should be around 15 minutes, not including time spent walking and queueing for the transfer at CBR.
1536950796686.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom