News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just a hypothetical question... how many sensors would be tripped if some child lost a balloon into the mechanism at a load station?

DisneyCane

Just a hypothetical question... how many sensors would be tripped if some child lost a balloon into the mechanism at a load station?

Probably none. The balloon would have to get onto the rail that the grip wheels are riding on which would take quite the perfect circumstance. Most likely it would just get into the drive track that is pushing the cabins at low speed for load/unload. The balloon would be quickly popped and the ribbon would probably be shredded.

If the balloon somehow got just in between the cable and the bull wheel, it would be popped and likely just spit out the other side. Getting a balloon in that spot would almost have to be intentional.

EPICOT

Probably none. The balloon would have to get onto the rail that the grip wheels are riding on which would take quite the perfect circumstance. Most likely it would just get into the drive track that is pushing the cabins at low speed for load/unload. The balloon would be quickly popped and the ribbon would probably be shredded.

If the balloon somehow got just in between the cable and the bull wheel, it would be popped and likely just spit out the other side. Getting a balloon in that spot would almost have to be intentional.

What if I throw my shoe at it?
giphy.gif

Incomudro

I would only ride one of these with my immediate family, or by myself.
I've got no fear of the transportation itself, I would love to ride it.
Just not with other people.
I've been on some bus rides with truly annoying people, but at least the bus was cool.
I've had some not so great experiences on the boats, but at least you can step outside and away.
With these, you are confined in that cabin.
No where to go.

TiggerDad

Darlings, there's no way, no no no no way I'm going up in one of these. Even I, a jaded and claustrophobic New Yorker who survives New York, enjoys Hogsmeade, and still dances at the occasional club, won't set foot in one of these enclosed thingamabobs. No, sir. Enjoy the vacancies I'm providing and I'll see you on the other side.
Maybe you should look for a different thread then.

Lift Blog

I would only ride one of these with my immediate family, or by myself.
I've got no fear of the transportation itself, I would love to ride it.
Just not with other people.
I've been on some bus rides with truly annoying people, but at least the bus was cool.
I've had some not so great experiences on the boats, but at least you can step outside and away.
With these, you are confined in that cabin.
No where to go.

I think capacity will be so high that most of the time, each group will get their own cabin by default. It never hurts to politely ask, “may we have our own gondola?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom