News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Ripken10

Not an argument, actually. There have been 15 total deaths on ski lifts in the US since 1973. Bus accidents average over 200 fatalities per year.
Ski lifts or gondolas? Cause we aren't getting a ski lift (note I agree with what your saying, just wondering if most of those 15 come from a ski lift not a gondola)

Kamikaze

Ski lifts or gondolas? Cause we aren't getting a ski lift (note I agree with what your saying, just wondering if most of those 15 come from a ski lift not a gondola)

The statistic covers all types of lifts used at ski resorts.

http://www.nsaa.org/media/310500/Lift_Safety_Fact_Sheet_2017.pdf

There are two deaths not included in this fact sheet that have happened since, which is why I said 15 and not 13.
Edit: Its actually only one death not included. So the real number is 14 since 1973.

Last edited:

Grimley1968

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
To summarize:
I can't take the gondola because I might die.
I can't take a bus because I might die.
I can't take a boat because I might die.
I can't walk because I might die.
I can fly to WDW because I might die.
I can't drive to WDW because I might die.

I might as well just stay locked up in my home.

Hmmmm.... I wonder what the statistics are for people dying in their own homes. :bookworm:

Grimley1968

To summarize:

Hmmmm.... I wonder what the statistics are for people dying in their own homes. :bookworm:

Don't forget that, if you clear all the hurdles to get to WDW, the elevators there will get you.

OG Runner

To summarize:

Finally, someone that understands. Just remember you have to stay out of your shower also.

GeneralKnowledge

Well, sorry but that was a given.
I don’t mean to continue bickering with you, but I just wanted to clarify that my post of that video was in response to someone who was concerned that they would be removing the cars from the line every night, so no it wasn’t a given apparently.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Let’s get this clear everyone to help summarize the last page or two:

Accidents can and will happen anywhere and everywhere.

Breakdowns can and will happen.

We don’t stop living our life because of these reasons.

Gondolas are designed for extreme weather on mountains, and Disney definitey looks at statistics and facts before implementing a new transportation mode for their resort such as this. So let’s stop fretting over issues out of anyone’s control such as an unplanned breakdown, it’s really a stupid discussion for a discussion board.

SCOTLORR

Let’s get this clear everyone to help summarize the last page or two:

Accidents can and will happen anywhere and everywhere.

Breakdowns can and will happen.

We don’t stop living our life because of these reasons.

Gondolas are designed for extreme weather on mountains, and Disney definitey looks at statistics and facts before implementing a new transportation mode for their resort such as this. So let’s stop fretting over issues out of anyone’s control such as an unplanned breakdown, it’s really a stupid discussion for a discussion board.
Hence why they're called 'accidents';)

Goofyernmost

I don’t mean to continue bickering with you, but I just wanted to clarify that my post of that video was in response to someone who was concerned that they would be removing the cars from the line every night, so no it wasn’t a given apparently.
You weren't bickering, you pointed out something that I missed. All I saw when I looked at your post was the picture. Due to whatever problem I had with seeing the text above it, (scrolled down to low, or something) I do indeed owe you an apology. I still think it would be a given about them staying attached to the cable, but, it does take all kinds to make the world. So I apologize for jumping to a conclusion and not being more thorough before responding to it. From my angle it just looked like another attempt to make people think that their life was in danger by riding the gondolas. Again, I apologize. And the ending "Deal" was directed at those that fear life and everything in it.

mm121

Just going by the numbers, the amount of Disney Transport accidents is actually well below the average. Probably has a lot to do with the amount of control Disney has over the roads.

they dont control who drives on them, but they can ensure there is police coverage to try to control speed

Goofyernmost

they dont control who drives on them, but they can ensure there is police coverage to try to control speed
That is probably questionable, however, the traffic average speed alone would create a safer and less likely chance for a fatal accident. It has happened, but, it is a very uncommon occurrence and usually caused by people that are ignoring the laws.

Lord Pheonix

i dont see what the big friggen deal is here, people. this is NOT new, its a well proven and safe mode of transport. disney had this exact system in place in the 50s in dl and in the 70s at wdw. noone died, noone had major issues boarding, noone had to be rescued on a daily basis, the only problem was kids spitting and throwing things off of them at people below. Some of yall think this is some radically new unheardof and untested invention thats powered by nuclear fusion and boarded via a star trek transporter system. its not. either ride it or dont. stay at a skyliner resort or dont. take the skyliner or the bus. no need for 400 pages of bs imaginary concerns, cause in the end, you are they type of people that cause the delays in everything in the first place cause yall dont know how to sit stand board unboard drive fly use an escalator, ect ect ect ect.......

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
i dont see what the big friggen deal is here, people. this is NOT new, its a well proven and safe mode of transport. disney had this exact system in place in the 50s in dl and in the 70s at wdw. noone died, noone had major issues boarding, noone had to be rescued on a daily basis, the only problem was kids spitting and throwing things off of them at people below. Some of yall think this is some radically new unheardof and untested invention thats powered by nuclear fusion and boarded via a star trek transporter system. its not. either ride it or dont. stay at a skyliner resort or dont. take the skyliner or the bus. no need for 400 pages of bs imaginary concerns, cause in the end, you are they type of people that cause the delays in everything in the first place cause yall dont know how to sit stand board unboard drive fly use an escalator, ect ect ect ect.......

You must be new to the internet.

;)

...it's a yungle

Lordy, Lordy, Lord Pheonix!😆
“THAT’S it, I’m goin’ AHHHH-F the grid!”
Thank you for my “best laugh of the day”😂
So many to chose from, new invention...nuclear fusion...Star Trek transporter...an escalator🤣
Way to let it out, man

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom