News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ThistleMae

Maintenance happens, and something may go wrong while you are riding....just all part of life. I think they'll do their best. That's all we can ask for.

Goofyernmost

That's what I figured. For some reason, that gives me anxiety. Traveling in a small, enclosed space with total strangers.
You will hardly have the time to say two words to anyone before you will be getting off. The gondolas are fairly close together, completely surrounded with clear see through panels and there are, I think they said, 8 other people within a foot of you as witnesses. What could you actually fear might happen? Didn't they say it is a 5 minute ride tops?

Goofyernmost

I bet people thought that about the monorail decades ago too.
They still do or every single monorail train would be stopped on the track permanently. I really wish people would stop implying that maintenance isn't being done. They haven't lasted this long without completely dedicated and continuous detailed service. It just isn't possible. It's the people that think they smell something or have issues because a thoughtless previous rider left something behind and some magic pixie didn't swoop down from beyond and pick it up. There probably are thousands of things less to maintain on a gondola then a monorail train or even a bus.

DisneyDreamer08

It may be a little smaller, but how is this really different from a packed monorail or bus?

Because on the bus, there is a driver to keep the peace and he/she can step in should there be an issue? :p I’ve never riden the monorail so I can’t compare to that. I don’t know, I know it sounds silly.

drizgirl

They still do or every single monorail train would be stopped on the track permanently. I really wish people would stop implying that maintenance isn't being done. They haven't lasted this long without completely dedicated and continuous detailed service. It just isn't possible. It's the people that think they smell something or have issues because a thoughtless previous rider left something behind and some magic pixie didn't swoop down from beyond and pick it up. There probably are thousands of things less to maintain on a gondola then a monorail train or even a bus.
I don't recall a single poster saying maintenance isn't being done on the monorails.

It's a matter of degrees, and a matter of when to invest the huge dollars required to replace a system past its life expectancy.

WDW Guru

The AoA/Pop station has been revealed. From the site that shall not be named.

8D9E2851-2B6D-4C50-AE53-F823C1F706C8.jpeg

DC2E97E6-35A2-48AA-92FE-51B7329AA231.jpeg

Goofyernmost

I don't recall a single poster saying maintenance isn't being done on the monorails.

It's a matter of degrees, and a matter of when to invest the huge dollars required to replace a system past its life expectancy.
OK, but who is to say when it is a must do and not a gee it sure would be nice. Are you going to cough up the billions to replace the fleet? Are you an expert on when a piece of equipment becomes more costly to keep running then to replace?

I, following the discussions of so many here that Disney will cut cost on anything, whether or not it is publicly popular or not, feel that #1 they will start to replace trains one at a time soon OR they will decide that the cost of this operation is not justified by the return on investment. So #2.. you could just as easily see the whole concept slide down the sinkhole of life as see them put more money into it. In fact, I will go even further into my speculation and suggest that if the gondola becomes a popular item, it my just be instituted to replace the monorail due to the massive costs to keep them running. Then we will be visiting Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Gondola's.

Creathir

No one will be allowed on the monorail without a shopping bag of merchandise.
I thought that element of the concept art was interesting too...

Says a TON about who the intended audience was: the suits at Disney Corp...

There is literally one child in the shot... a single child, at Disney World...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom