News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, while going through the DHS parking lot (which is now a nightmare maze for buses), I saw what looked like tall pylons sticking out the far end of the parking lot... right where one would expect a gondola tower to go. I'll try to get precise placement later this week and pictures, but it seem like it would be where this grey box is...

upload_2017-12-5_2-2-3.png

GCTales

Also, while going through the DHS parking lot (which is now a nightmare maze for buses), I saw what looked like tall pylons sticking out the far end of the parking lot... right where one would expect a gondola tower to go. I'll try to get precise placement later this week and pictures, but it seem like it would be where this grey box is...

View attachment 248164

Progress!!!

That area would be where I would expect some of the highest travel points on the gondola (in terms of height above the ground between towers) to ensure clearance over vehicles. I am assuming the grey box near the station is a Tower... which would be a very steep rise coming out of the station. I know there are typically towers near the station to get elevation... Depending on distance between the two towers covering the parking lot, the may be taller towers than on other parts of the property... or there may be the possibility of installing a tower somewhere in the intermediate area of the parking lot.

What is in the green space in the middle of the lot? Looks like structures of some form, but that could be a location, if they so chose, where they do not lose parking.

JoeCamel

Progress!!!

That area would be where I would expect some of the highest travel points on the gondola (in terms of height above the ground between towers) to ensure clearance over vehicles. I am assuming the grey box near the station is a Tower... which would be a very steep rise coming out of the station. I know there are typically towers near the station to get elevation... Depending on distance between the two towers covering the parking lot, the may be taller towers than on other parts of the property... or there may be the possibility of installing a tower somewhere in the intermediate area of the parking lot.

What is in the green space in the middle of the lot? Looks like structures of some form, but that could be a location, if they so chose, where they do not lose parking.
Green line in the middle? Was a drainage ditch. Gone now.

truecoat

Progress!!!

I'm not sure they need to be very high here. A bridge only has to be 14'-16' for vehicle clearance. I'm not saying the gondola will be that low but they don't need to be higher than the rest of the route.

DisAl

I'm not sure they need to be very high here. A bridge only has to be 14'-16' for vehicle clearance. I'm not saying the gondola will be that low but they don't need to be higher than the rest of the route.
I can see it now - a new thrill ride.... A 12' high bus going through the parking lot, a gondola with six three hundred pounders sagging the bottom of the gondola to 12' 6" above ground. Will it clear!?!?!? Will they scream!?!?!? Will they have to service that gondola???
;););)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Those loading station concepts don't quite show reality -- they left out the long, snaking queue and the security checkpoints one will have to endure when approaching the hotel station.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom