News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

cindy_k

Well... be careful what you wish for because before you know it this would turn into: how to get out in an emergency, vehicles piling up inside the tubes, risk of suffocation, and yes, heat!
Otoh it would be a fantastic addition to that line-up of killing machines which, flawed as they are, may sometimes just take people from A to B.
Disney World would look like a giant Discovery Zone.
3f70c8f0aca2cdca5d0c0b1249ccd424.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well... be careful what you wish for because before you know it this would turn into: how to get out in an emergency, vehicles piling up inside the tubes, risk of suffocation, and yes, heat!
Otoh it would be a fantastic addition to that line-up of killing machines which, flawed as they are, may sometimes just take people from A to B.
Someone's already had that idea...
The Monty Python Architect Sketch.
Edited to remove the link to YouTube because it contains content that may not be appropriate for all family members to see.

Last edited:

Monorail_Orange

Of course, if WDW would just build giant hamster tubes for these gondolas to traverse, all the discussions and fears about heat, humidity, lightning, rain and wind could be put to rest... ;)
Hmmm, or maybe people-sized vacuum tubes like at the bank?
OR better yet...Disney should just buy out the Star Trek franchise to complement Star Wars, and then they can just use the transporter to "beam" everyone around property. :cool:

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My main concern is if you are in the midst of a gondola ride and then a terrible Florida thunderstorm comes up and shakes the cabin you are riding in, or more or less makes it sway back in forth. That would be absolutely terrifying!

Wonder if Disney will have audio to play during thunderstorms calming people down, and dispersing blankets and hot chocolate...:hilarious:

Each gondola comes with a therapy dog.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Sorry if this has been posted already, skipped about 20 pages. But on my Caribbean Beach FB group someone revived an information sheet regarding the gondola. Basicly saying we are improving our transportation pardon the construction. Will see if I can find it again to post here.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry if this has been posted already, skipped about 20 pages. But on my Caribbean Beach FB group someone revived an information sheet regarding the gondola. Basicly saying we are improving our transportation pardon the construction. Will see if I can find it again to post here.

That would be interesting to see.

EpcotMark

I like it. It's cool and distinctive, but not cool enough to ruin the appeal of the monorails. The hotels getting coverage should be able to scale up thousands of rooms and this will make them that much more attractive. This will allow Disney to properly compete with mid tier Universal Hotels. This particular amenity is great and unusual.

With that said, International Gateway may need to be looked at depending on the scale of the system. If it connects with Art of Animation/Pop it may need a redesign just for capacity.

This is a much better way to get to the parks.

Edit: Disney has also been on a green push. This would reduce their carbon emissions by moving more to electric transportation. RCID already is nuclear and solar heavy as I recall, so this would fit into the plan.

Reedy Creek is Nuclear? Ummmm... what??

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
RCID is not nuclear to my knowledge. Way back in the day (maybe even before Walt died) there were talks of building a nuke plant, but then three mile island and Chernobyl and anti nuke movement kind of killed nuclear in the US. However my understanding is as an independent taxing district RCID has the ability to build/authorize construction of a nuclear facility for power. However I don't think the political will is there either from the Fed's Disney or RCID

Side note I have lived next to Limerick Generating Station my whole life and have no problems with them or nuclear energy. It's actually very interesting and doing school research had the opportunity to observe so of the safety precautions and response systems, they really do take it seriously and I have never once feared living as close as I do. Honestly I get a laugh anytime my friend from out of town points it out to me, for the most part we don't even realize it's there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom