News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

Did CBR have a true internal shuttle that did not leave the resort, or was it where you had to hop on to a park bus and get off at one of the other stops (like CSR)? Once the gondola is running, I can see a true internal shuttle working there. That way guests can take the shuttle to get from their rooms to the station and vice-versa when they get back.

CBR has an internal shuttle. Guests would most likely have to walk from the Jamaica stop to CBR's Skyliner station.

mmascari

Just saw someone post elsewhere that the CBR South station (the hub) will be accessible by Gondola only. Accurate?

I can't see them doing that, it would really de-incentivize people at CBR from using the gondola.

More to the point, it would mean that CBR wouldn't have a station at all. As pointed out, the "CBR North" station is really the Riviera station and not CBR at all. I'm sure they don't want to force the entire CBR resort to walk/bus to the Riviera or bus everywhere instead of the station that's local right at the resort, wouldn't make any sense.

I suppose they could funnel you through a DVC sales booth on the way to the Riviera...... :)

CBR has an internal shuttle. Guests would most likely have to walk from the Jamaica stop to CBR's Skyliner station.

Or, maybe (just maybe), they'll ADD a stop at the station itself. Might still be faster to walk from Jamaica if the bus isn't there. But, might as well have a stop directly at the station. :)

SLUSHIE

I cant Imagine why they wouldn't let people get on there.

Regardless there will need to be a way to get buses there. If they have an emergency and need to upload everyone, a lot of people will end up getting off there and they will need somewhere to go.

I was thinking it would be cool if they put a parking lot there, but it doesn't seem likely. The open space below where the stations are going basically looks like plants growing on water.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I cant Imagine why they wouldn't let people get on there.

I was thinking it would be cool if they put a parking not there, but it doesn't seems likely. The open space below where the stations are going basically looks like plants growing on water.

It has been assumed that people would go through security screening before boarding the gondola, if that is that case it would save them from manning a screening station there, but the benefits of have people board there would seem to out way the cost.

There is a chunk of land just south of the station that is going to be used for construction staging that theoretically could be changed into parking when they are done if they wanted to but it would be a small parking lot.

Goofyernmost

This is true... I've even seen it snow. For some reason though, the snow was isolated only on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. Also, snow in Florida is different then in the north. It's sudsier (is that a word??). ;)
When I was there one December night, they had a massive "sudsy" snow storm on the Streets of America, just when the Osbourne Light show was starting. Very good timing, but, it didn't stick since the air temperature was almost 80 degrees. Seemed a little like a Christmas miracle.:happy::cold::angelic:

NobodyElse

They hand you an umbrella, and you become the new Energy ride!

...combined with the long proposed Mary Poppins ride...

KbVQx.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you look at how the stations are highlighted on the D23 slide, the highlight encompasses the larger area around the building which presumably incorporates landscaping and crowd queues. The CBR highlight covers a very large area surrounding the station that swings into the CBR area. I can't see how that is not a un/loading area.

upload_2017-7-26_23-36-30.png

TiggerDad

Did CBR have a true internal shuttle that did not leave the resort, or was it where you had to hop on to a park bus and get off at one of the other stops (like CSR)? Once the gondola is running, I can see a true internal shuttle working there. That way guests can take the shuttle to get from their rooms to the station and vice-versa when they get back.
When I asked about having the internal CBR shuttle be used to service this station three pages ago on this thread, I was told no it wouldn't. Not sure if that was an informed answer or speculation. With Custom House going away, I can see them discontinuing the internal shuttle

SLUSHIE

If you look at how the stations are highlighted on the D23 slide, the highlight encompasses the larger area around the building which presumably incorporates landscaping and crowd queues. The CBR highlight covers a very large area surrounding the station that swings into the CBR area. I can't see how that is not a un/loading area.

View attachment 218744
Really wish they would have provided a high resolution version of that photo.

When I look at the photo closely (attempt to) I notice a few things. The station at Art of Animation looks exposed, it does not look like that one has a station building. When I look at the station near Riviera Resort, it almost certainly has a building around the station. The station at Studios also appears smaller/ simpler than the Epcot one.

One thing to mention about the CBR station is that this will be where the cabin storage and maintenance facilities are likely to be. It almost seems like the stations will be on a 2nd level above the storage facilities. I also see what could possibly be a bus loop.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really wish they would have provided a high resolution version of that photo.

When I look at the photo closely (attempt to) I notice a few things. The station at Art of Animation looks exposed, it does not look like that one has a station building. When I look at the station near Riviera Resort, it almost certainly has a building around the station. The station at Studios also appears smaller/ simpler than the Epcot one.

One thing to mention about the CBR station is that this will be where the cabin storage and maintenance facilities are likely to be. It almost seems like the stations will be on a 2nd level above the storage facilities. I also see what could possibly be a bus loop.
AoA station will be enclosed. And it'll look very nice.

CBR south is all at grade. Storage areas will be West of the guest station area.

Kamikaze

There is a chunk of land just south of the station that is going to be used for construction staging that theoretically could be changed into parking when they are done if they wanted to but it would be a small parking lot.

I believe the piece of land south of CBR station is earmarked as a 'prime' location for a new resort.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 218744

And there does appear to be paths connecting it to the bridge.

KBLovedDisney

My main concern is if you are in the midst of a gondola ride and then a terrible Florida thunderstorm comes up and shakes the cabin you are riding in, or more or less makes it sway back in forth. That would be absolutely terrifying!

Wonder if Disney will have audio to play during thunderstorms calming people down, and dispersing blankets and hot chocolate...:hilarious:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
My main concern is if you are in the midst of a gondola ride and then a terrible Florida thunderstorm comes up and shakes the cabin you are riding in, or more or less makes it sway back in forth. That would be absolutely terrifying!

Wonder if Disney will have audio to play during thunderstorms calming people down, and dispersing blankets and hot chocolate...:hilarious:

If there are concerns about running them in storms they should have plenty of time to clear the lines before the storm gets there. It should be 5 minutes or less between stations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom