News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Maeryk

Let me know the next time you walk from Pop to DHS or Epcot.

Never happen, I'd never stay there to begin with.

Disney is belt and suspenders. I don't believe there will be no other transpo option available for that trip than the gondolas.

There may be fewer buses, due to less demand, but I don't believe for a second they aren't going to exist at all.

Creathir

Never happen, I'd never stay there to begin with.

Disney is belt and suspenders. I don't believe there will be no other transpo option available for that trip than the gondolas.

There may be fewer buses, due to less demand, but I don't believe for a second they aren't going to exist at all.
We've been told bus service is being eliminated from resorts with Skyliner service to the parks.

Obviously AK, MK, and DS would still have bus service, so I suppose one could spend an hour doing transfers to get to/from the parks to your resort.

brb1006

LJnluAS.jpg

Looking at the image again it is very odd that they used both classic and new style Mickey and Minnie. Very very odd and it ruins the illusion, so they should pick one or the other. I actually think the new style looks better and fresh. Those particular drawings of the classic look like something straight out of the 90s.

I'm excited to see what other characters are included though. LOVE the hitchhiking ghosts gondola.
I remember seeing the 2013 Mickey and friends design being shown as pictures in the All-Star resorts as of 2015.

KBLovedDisney

I would imagine this feeling like the inside of a Ferris wheel ride vehicle at night. I think it might be pretty cool, but definitely scary during bad weather.

DisneyJunkie

Given the funny layout, I wonder how any possible future expansion could happen. I would have figured it to operate in some kind of circular pattern or wheel-n-spoke.

truecoat

Given the funny layout, I wonder how any possible future expansion could happen. I would have figured it to operate in some kind of circular pattern or wheel-n-spoke.

Adding resorts would probably necessitate another line. Due to the limited stops, I'm not sure this line would be conducive to an expansion. You only have 2 destinations and if you add more people to existing lines, would the transfer station be able to handle that?

GCTales

Adding resorts would probably necessitate another line. Due to the limited stops, I'm not sure this line would be conducive to an expansion. You only have 2 destinations and if you add more people to existing lines, would the transfer station be able to handle that?
You are assuming that the expansion has to be part of this line..

could be phase two is a line from AKL to AK.... or from a monorail resort or TTC to AK... That type of "expansion" would increase capability without really impacting the announced configuration.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

If they do expand it I really don't seem them every trying to connect everything to everything else with gondolas. This will always be just one element of a larger transportation system.

DisneyJunkie

If they do expand it I really don't seem them every trying to connect everything to everything else with gondolas. This will always be just one element of a larger transportation system.

I agree. It is a shame, though, that the only real way to get to Animal Kingdom is by bus (or drive yourself). Linking it to the Disney Skyline would be more expensive, but ultimately worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom