News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Movielover

Then feel free to rent a car or take an UBER. The AC discussion was pages ago and pages ago before that and pages ago before that again. They will NOT have AC - accept and move on!

But... but... I wanna argue some more cause dang it I'm an American and apparently we all have copious amounts of free time to do that!

brb1006

Did you ever visit WDW in the 70's? If you did (as I did - first visit in '76), you might think about what happened to all of the empty land, the beautiful topiaries along World Drive, and the fact that WDW was miles from anything resembling a city. Same would be true if you visited the original Disneyland when it was still surrounded by orange groves.

OTOH, can you imagine someone who has only known the mega-resort that WDW is today, and wondering why in the world any of us would have visited when there was only ONE park with so few rides?
topimono.jpg

topittc.jpg

topidumbo.jpg

Thebolt

What I would hate to see is the cabins covered in that metal grille many of the bus windows suffer.
The prospect of seeing the site from up high would be great if there is a view across WDW property - but being enclosed in a hot mesh basket you can't clearly look out from would be an awful option.

truecoat

What I would hate to see is the cabins covered in that metal grille many of the bus windows suffer.
The prospect of seeing the site from up high would be great if there is a view across WDW property - but being enclosed in a hot mesh basket you can't clearly look out from would be an awful option.

Is it really metal? I'm wondering if it isn't the vinyl wrapped buses. The vinyl is perforated so people can see out but might look like the way you describe on the inside.

Outside...
bus.jpg

Inside...

perf vinyl.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have been a New Yorker for 51 of my 53 - soon to be 54 years.
I've ridden the SI Ferry for 30 of those years.
Coworkers of mine who never rode the Ferry used to say to me; "It must be nice in the summer..."
No.
95 degrees, hazy hot and humid - is 95 degrees hazy, hot and humid with a breeze.
Miserable and oppressive with a breeze.

That reminds me of something that was said when I visited NYC about 11 years ago, for a training class. Riding an escalator down to the subway platform, in the middle of July, and it was 95 degrees and humid, a sweaty guy turns and says - "It's the escalator ride into hell...". :eek: He wasn't far from the truth, it was brutal down there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That reminds me of something that was said when I visited NYC about 11 years ago, for a training class. Riding an escalator down to the subway platform, in the middle of July, and it was 95 degrees and humid, a sweaty guy turns and says - "It's the escalator ride into hell...". :eek: He wasn't far from the truth, it was brutal down there.

upload_2017-7-5_12-17-50.png

Thebolt

Is it really metal? I'm wondering if it isn't the vinyl wrapped buses. The vinyl is perforated so people can see out but might look like the way you describe on the inside.

You are correct about it being vinyl... it just wrecks the view. A few characters, lines and words covering parts of the window would be OK; but not the whole window. Dark windows to keep the sun out, with minimal vinyls please, even if it means I might see something backstage.

Goofyernmost

But seriously the Ticket and Transportation needs a redesign or makeover before MK turns 50.
I'm not saying it does or it doesn't, but, I do not mind the way TTC looks now. What is the big fuss about? I think it looks fine. It's fun, upbeat and bright. Should things be funeral home colors?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom