News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

seascape

Is there any special implication that can be read into this as it is a Reedy Creek project? I thought Disney ran the bus system. Since it is Reedy Creek, I have a question, doesn't Ready Creek also maintain the roads to Wyndham Bonnett Creek and fhe Hilton Bonnett Creek and get some money from them for it? I am asking because an extension from the HS line to Disney Springs would line up perfectly between the 2 Bonnett Creek resorts and would help Disney Springs stores if it were connected and also lower trafic on roads and free up spaces in the parking garages that Reedy Creek pays for. This could save Disney some money and end up having Wyndham and Hilton pay into it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Screen capped this from the new report. 5 is the south station at CBR.

upload_2017-4-18_19-36-6.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there any special implication that can be read into this as it is a Reedy Creek project? I thought Disney ran the bus system. Since it is Reedy Creek, I have a question, doesn't Ready Creek also maintain the roads to Wyndham Bonnett Creek and fhe Hilton Bonnett Creek and get some money from them for it? I am asking because an extension from the HS line to Disney Springs would line up perfectly between the 2 Bonnett Creek resorts and would help Disney Springs stores if it were connected and also lower trafic on roads and free up spaces in the parking garages that Reedy Creek pays for. This could save Disney some money and end up having Wyndham and Hilton pay into it.

It's not clear that this is a Reedy Creek project. All permits that go through the South Florida Water Management District come from Reedy Creek not Disney.

lazyboy97o

Reedy Creek is the local building authority.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will you get wanded before boarding a gondola?

Don't know if it will specifically be wands, but the idea is to push the screening bubble to enter the gondola system from any point. Then when you wind up at Epcot or DHS, you won't have to be screened, just have your MB/Ticket scanned. Just like the way the monorail system is being transitioned to.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As it stands anything that may or may not go near DS won't be near Bonnet Creek.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Do we know if there are plans to eventually spread this to other parks and resorts as well as DS? I know that would take a lot to do but it would imo seem odd to have special transportation in the sky for just a few places that happen to be near one another. I assume this is just phase 1 and to see how it goes but does anyone have any insight into this long term? I've heard a few things but curious what others have heard

seascape

I would like to see all transportation improved. It is also the reason I was hoping Reedy Creek was building it. If they were building it, they could tax every property owner to pay for it and yes get some money from the Bonnet Creek resorts. A better run and more efficient transportation system would benefit the parks, Disney Springs, the resorts and lower tragic congestion. In fact expanding it off property to nearby timeshares like Orange Lake and others adjacent to property could open up the possibility of State funding for part which would also benefit the parks and Disney Springs. The more people on the transportation system the more money Disney will make.

lazyboy97o

I would like to see all transportation improved. It is also the reason I was hoping Reedy Creek was building it. If they were building it, they could tax every property owner to pay for it and yes get some money from the Bonnet Creek resorts. A better run and more efficient transportation system would benefit the parks, Disney Springs, the resorts and lower tragic congestion. In fact expanding it off property to nearby timeshares like Orange Lake and others adjacent to property could open up the possibility of State funding for part which would also benefit the parks and Disney Springs. The more people on the transportation system the more money Disney will make.
Reedy Creek cannot tax the Bonnet Creek property because it is outside of the Improvement District. Outright state funding would also be risky as it is unpopular when Reedy Creek is used for such financing.

seascape

Reedy Creek cannot tax the Bonnet Creek property because it is outside of the Improvement District. Outright state funding would also be risky as it is unpopular when Reedy Creek is used for such financing.
I was not saying Bonnett Creek would be a tax but a payment into the transpotation system in exchange for a station and use of it. Disney should be smart and realize allowing these resorts to be on the transportation system would add to their bottom lime as it would encourage their guests to spend all their time on WDW PROPERTY. As for the taxes it would spread the cost over all of WDW rather tjan just the area connevted.

biggy H

All its states is that the OS got some permits from Reedy Creek..
Documents obtained by the Orlando Sentinel from the Disney-controlled Reedy Creek Improvement District

A Reedy Creek official refused to confirm what it was
Reedy Creek administrator John Classe declined to comment. Disney would not answer questions, but released this statement: “We are always looking to explore new transportation options that will make the resort experience even more magical for guests. We’re excited about our future plans on this front and look forward to sharing details at a later date.”

In my eyes that's not confirming anything. All they have done is what the good members on here have done and put 2 and 2 together to come up with 'A Gondola System'.

It will only be confirmed when Disney gives out an official press release...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
All its states is that the OS got some permits from Reedy Creek..

A Reedy Creek official refused to confirm what it was

In my eyes that's not confirming anything. All they have done is what the good members on here have done and put 2 and 2 together to come up with 'A Gondola System'.

It will only be confirmed when Disney gives out an official press release...

The OS has documents that specifically say it's a gondola system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom