News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Rob562

Wasn't the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland "unfinished" for six years after the facade was built?

I wouldn't use that as an example of Disney moving slowly on construction. They built the shell of the building with no specific plans, and then took time off while they worked on the World's Fair. A better reference would be to see how long it took them to complete it once they started construction again. (A number I do not know)

-Rob

matt9112

What's the problem if a bus works well getting you from point A to point B and it also has some Mickey ears too. I don't see how having characters or mouse ears makes the system any less efficient at transit or makes it a loud distraction.

Here's the resort cruiser bus from Tokyo:
View attachment 197742
Vs the busses we have had at WDW:
View attachment 197743

I'll take the Tokyo ones any day.

I'd be fine with the gondolas taking some design inspiration from the Tokyo monorail too. They have Mickey ear windows which differentiates it from a generic train, but are subtle enough to not be a gaudy distraction in the environments it travels through. That to me is how a customization should be done.
View attachment 197744

I really love there monorail...mickey windows....wood floors....class but not cheeky.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All of it....tell me all of it...

Start at the beginning.....

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Cesar R M

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.
This image sums my reactions from start to finish.. your comment was a rollercoaster!

agAvbDf.gif

danniyell

There's a Gondala system which is really Hi tech in Madeira - which has high temperatures such as Orlando - with No AC - I went on it last year and it was warm inside but soooo much more comfortable than a bus that's full of screaming and yelling and loud talking which is all they ever seem to be now.
The breeze came through the window and it was really quite comfortable. There not exactly going to dismiss this temperature issue but they wouldn't make everyone get in a sweat box without thinking of the consequences.

I'm personally more troubled about these things going across the Boardwalk resort which is my home and really don't think that it will enhance anything for the resort there. Will become a pain or An eye sore running over the car park or a giant cable system and pylon will take up room in the car parking lot that is needed. :(

IAmFloridaBorn

There's a Gondala system which is really Hi tech in Madeira - which has high temperatures such as Orlando - with No AC - I went on it last year and it was warm inside but soooo much more comfortable than a bus that's full of screaming and yelling and loud talking which is all they ever seem to be now.
The breeze came through the window and it was really quite comfortable. There not exactly going to dismiss this temperature issue but they wouldn't make everyone get in a sweat box without thinking of the consequences.

I'm personally more troubled about these things going across the Boardwalk resort which is my home and really don't think that it will enhance anything for the resort there. Will become a pain or An eye sore running over the car park or a giant cable system and pylon will take up room in the car parking lot that is needed. :(
Does parking there get that bad?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom