News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jt04

The ****? I meant it was pretty fast, not slow. Disney isn't running anywhere near as much, nor doing so in a city.

Almost 2 years for 3 miles seems mighty slow considering the infrastructure is mostly brought in and the modular nature of the project. I guess one could blame the altitude. Should take a year in the worst scenario though.

deeevo

In case you haven't heard profound changes are happening in the bureaucracy. Red tape is being clear cut making capital projects much easier to implement. Stay tuned for more.
Hope they are initiative capital projects. I will take quality over quantity any day.

No Name

In case you haven't heard profound changes are happening in the bureaucracy. Red tape is being clear cut making capital projects much easier to implement. Stay tuned for more.

There is a relatively new Politics and Social Issues section, under General Chat (though it may not appear on your drop-down menu).

You can make inaccurate political statements there. But please stick to inaccurate WDW-related statements here.

jt04

There is a relatively new Politics and Social Issues section, under General Chat (though it may not appear on your drop-down menu).

You can make inaccurate political statements there. But please stick to inaccurate WDW-related statements here.

I am sorry I was wrong about large scale capital projects coming to the parks at WDW as the investment pendulum swung back towards the swamp in a normal business cycle fashion.
I recently had quite the vivid dream that the mouse was building lands incorporating Pandora, Star Wars. Even new lands in the MK, unheard of franchises like Frozen and Ratatouille and a sprinkling of dollars to replace Pleasure Island and more. But as you point out, none of this is true. Right?

No Name

I am sorry I was wrong about large scale capital projects coming to the parks at WDW as the investment pendulum swung back towards the swamp in a normal business cycle fashion.
I recently had quite the vivid dream that the mouse was building lands incorporating Pandora, Star Wars. Even new lands in the MK, unheard of franchises like Frozen and Ratatouille and a sprinkling of dollars to replace Pleasure Island and more. But as you point out, none of this is true. Right?

None of that has to do with less red tape in the bureaucracy, I can tell you that much.

Yes, everything you listed is true, though that spans almost an entire decade. Yes, WDW is investing at a more reasonable level than they did during the begging of the decade. While nice, it's still not an unprecedented level of investment when compared to other times in WDW history.

The rest is opinion, but I'd say more should be done, especially leading into SWL's opening and the 50th. Oh, and there shouldn't be an "investment pendulum," they should be consistently investing in all of their resorts, especially the ones they have full ownership of.

Back to gondolas.

jt04

None of that has to do with less red tape in the bureaucracy, I can tell you that much.

Not yet anyway. Just thinking it is possible that with a very friendly regulatory environment and a successful economic turnaround that WDW could be verging on a renaissance that eclipses the Disney decade by a wide margin. Purely theoretical on my part but it isn't the first time I have gone out on a limb when discussing WDW. The gondolas, BTW, may just be an indicator of the forward thinking happening now. Remember, the Imagineers were told to think big when reimagining Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom