• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner - Every Possible What If ....? Has Been Discussed.

drizgirl

Advertisement
I would say that if they did have AC and one wasn’t working, then they’d have to deal with fixing that before people complained and that just compounds labor costs...etc, etc. So why not cut that out of the equation right off the bat.
I can't even.

Based on that logic they should leave bathrooms out of their hotel rooms.

Jon81uk

Indeed...the windows do not open in the direction of travel. Its there, but not enough to make a difference in hot weather and will not be circulating very well. Its been a while since I was on them.

It looks like the slats are decorative in the VII.

I do not know how we can compare the ventilation of the Gondola, designed to force air, vs Mark VII, which was obviously limited to cracking a window.
View attachment 390172
This was thoroughly discussed two pages ago https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-gondola-transportation-disney-skyliner.924477/post-8779734

ChrisFL

in a way I'm surprised it isn't opening before SW:GE, however this would be better if they do have any issues and it should be at least a bit cooler weather by then

cosmicgirl

The good news is that TSTSNBN loses face once again. ;)

I was wondering about something the other day: did the path/dirt road south of the CBR station towards Pop&Art ever get that surface treatment that the part through the trees towards DHS did? I don't recall seeing aerials of the work being done there. Wouldn't that path need to meet the same requirements for evacuation equipment?

jrhwdw

Do we think Rivera Station will be open on the 29th or not? Is that another Media weekend with ROE, EF, and now Skyliner?

starri42

Do we think Rivera Station will be open on the 29th or not? Is that another Media weekend with ROE, EF, and now Skyliner?
Why would they pay cast members to man a station that services a resort that isn't open yet? I can see one or two people in case of an emergency, but it seems weird that they'd have people boarding and disembarking there, unless they expect people walking over from Caribbean Beach.

Top Bottom