News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jrhwdw

Those are test and adjust cast. The opening team application period ended only last week.
You mean the Application send end period?? Then TDO has to go through them, call/interview people, then hire and train.... I'm no boss so no clue how long all that takes.

1 thing new since this morning: Someone Tweeted WDW about the 28th and WDW responded with no date.... IDK if that makes TC right or wrong...

flynnibus

Premium Member
You mean the Application send end period?? Then TDO has to go through them, call/interview people, then hire and train.... I'm no boss so no clue how long all that takes.
they are likely referring to the internal transfer/hire options shared to other CMs.

Disone

Those are test and adjust cast. The opening team application period ended only last week.
This is Inaccurate. Those are opening team cast. there is no such thing as Test and adjust cast members that would just come to test and adjust a system and then leave.

Disone

Believe what you want.
It's not a matter of believing. If you can share with me even one time at Disney use a "test and adjust cast" and then release them afterwards Please go ahead and do so in the meantime you can believe what YOU want. They cast that there is the opening team. I am a cast member myself. Don't try to tell me what I don't already know. I will double down on this. The cast that is there IS they opening team. They are not some fictional test and adjust team. That is not something Walt Disney World does, period.

mm52200

It's not a matter of believing. If you can share with me even one time at Disney use a "test and adjust cast" and then release them afterwards Please go ahead and do so in the meantime you can believe what YOU want. They cast that there is the opening team. I am a cast member myself. Don't try to tell me what I don't already know. I will double down on this. The cast that is there IS they opening team. They are not some fictional test and adjust team. That is not something Walt Disney World does, period.
I mean they do...there are cast members who literally work test and adjust for certain attractions but don’t necessarily open it...

Lift Blog

Well here is hoping RC can evac faster then Vail does. Clearly they can break out and odds say they will eventually.

I wrote a story on this one with more details: https://liftblog.com/2019/07/08/vails-eagle-bahn-gondola-reopens-following-tower-issue/

Summary: A significant component failure that luckily resulted in no injuries.

Disone

I mean they do...there are cast members who literally work test and adjust for certain attractions but don’t necessarily open it...
No. For a new park, yes. For a single thing, NO. So again, share with me a time they did this with a single thing. I have decades of experience with Disney, over two decades, and I don't know but maybe you do.

nace888

There are a couple of cast member friends of mine who are actually on a test and adjust team, who will not stay for opening. They will not get released from the company, but they'll get either transferred back to their original role or into another role if they don't stay for the opening team. I have a couple of friends who are also only going in just for the opening team.

Disone

There are a couple of cast member friends of mine who are actually on a test and adjust team, who will not stay for opening. They will not get released from the company, but they'll get either transferred back to their original role or into another role if they don't stay for the opening team. I have a couple of friends who are also only going in just for the opening team.
I believe you. That said the vast majority of those working on the Skyliner now are permanent opening team cast members. The casting call for opening team went out months ago.

Rich Brownn

This is Inaccurate. Those are opening team cast. there is no such thing as Test and adjust cast members that would just come to test and adjust a system and then leave.
All the attractions that opened at Universal when I worked there had such a team They were literally there to work with the engineers to get it running. The cast is advised working this is no guarantee to be on the opening team as the goals are different. I would imagine Disney does the same

Rich Brownn

No. For a new park, yes. For a single thing, NO. So again, share with me a time they did this with a single thing. I have decades of experience with Disney, over two decades, and I don't know but maybe you do.
At Universal both Kong and F&F had such a team.

Movielover

What causes a tower to separate like that? And what sensors would alert the staff that a tower has “bent”?

I don't know maybe being on a freakin mountain had something to do with it???

tenor.gif

I honestly don't know. Could have been anything. I blame gremlins. ;)

Lift Blog

What causes a tower to separate like that? And what sensors would alert the staff that a tower has “bent”?
It probably went out of alignment so brittle bars and/or rope position detectors. There are no sensors on the steel tube itself. If a communications line broke, a whole bunch of faults would have appeared.

Last edited:

HoldenC

Oh please stop lol. You are a broken record. Just accept you actually dont know something for a change.

pdude81

So is the site that shall not be named right about it opening Aug 28th? @marni1971
I think he just said that because its near when GE is suppose to open.
I don't think this is the Price is Right where you just guess on
I don't know maybe being on a freakin mountain had something to do with it???

tenor.gif

I honestly don't know. Could have been anything. I blame gremlins. ;)

harry-potter-hogwarts-luna-magic-Favim.com-2467517.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom