News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ToTBellHop

Just the water parks, which used to stay open down into the 50's and even 40's for the hardy Brits, but for the last few years Disney has been closing them at the slightest hint of cold weather in the forecast.
Oh it’s ridiculous! One day in February it was 73 degrees with sun. No water park. How silly. I used to swim in 40 degrees during February trips as a kid!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm looking forward to the vloggers who will no doubt cry when they ride the gondolas for the first time. That's seems to be the new norm. Grown men shedding tears over a Disney release and sharing it online.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm looking forward to the vloggers who will no doubt cry when they ride the gondolas for the first time. That's seems to be the new norm. Grown men shedding tears over a Disney release and sharing it online.

lol. I have never seen a vlogger cry...except Adam Hattan.

Oh, and Jenn Tracker when she visited Walt's apartment in DL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Right, but we are taking about people taking 5-10 minute rides in enclosed cars to and from outdoor theme parks.
This is a fair point. They could just leave the vents open at all times. Maybe just close them in storage. Is it safe to assume guests riding the gondolas won’t have the ability to open and close them?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
2400 pph divided by bus capacity of 70 = 34.29 buses per hour,
divided among 4 resorts = 8.57 buses per resort per hour,
= 1 bus every 7 minutes for each resort.

That might be less than the current bus service for Pop & AoA at the start of park exit, but it's inelastic ... i.e., bus service level decreases as buses are "used up", whereas Skyliner service level will remain constant.

Might be less? It is most definitely and significantly less.

Except for absolute peak times, like when a park closes, buses are usually on a 20 minute cycle. So, by your calcs, the gondolas have almost 3 times the capacity.

And when there is a big spike, the people who show up at buses don't show up in large mobs of 200 people in one minute. They are strung out along the walking patch creating their own conga line of the exhausted. That's a line the will keep moving, and quickly and steadily be swallowed by the gondolas.

I *wish* that at closing of the MK a bus would show up for my resort once every 7 minutes. That would be heaven. :)

Also, EVCs won't hold up the line since they get their own boarding line (except at Riviera).

MaximumEd

They were physically larger than a child and had facial hair.

Dis Twitter has many users who are seriously a cause for concern...as I've recently learned thanks to a few members here who pointed me in the right direction to witness the oddity that Dis Twitter is.

Point me in that direction, if you don’t mind. You can PM me if you want. Not a big twitter user, but I like to watch a good train wreck every once and again.

Goofyernmost

Honestly, does it really need more than 3k per hour? At 9:30 at night, how many people are in DHS, 30k? How many are staying at skyliner resorts, 10%? The math may work alright.
It is a simple matter of people not thinking this out and basing their opinions as if everyone, in every park, is going to be taking the gondola's back to their hotels even though they don't have gondola's going to those hotels. Couple that with the idea that they think that every single person in those serviced hotels are going to go just to DHS and Epcot. No one will be going to MK or DAK.

Goofyernmost

This is a fair point. They could just leave the vents open at all times. Maybe just close them in storage. Is it safe to assume guests riding the gondolas won’t have the ability to open and close them?
Yea, least we forget the other touristy odors that one might want vented out during the trip back. If they pack 10 people in them at closing, believe me you will want the vents open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom