• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner - Every Possible What If ....? Has Been Discussed.

Bender123

Other then the fence around the project, I can't see another gate at all. I'm just responding to the person that says there is one. I'm speculating in the event there is another one. But, to me it would be sensible to not leave all the mechanics in easy reach of non-authorized people (i.e. buzzy, but with a more bloody possible consequence.) However, not an evacuation stairway.
I would be almost certain they will have a fence or gate of some type...This has all the markings of an attractive nuisance lawsuit, if they don't.

Wngo905

Advertisement
I personally can't wait for the to open, not only will I get to ride it but MOST IMPORTANTLY, these needless jokes will cease..... (it was only funny pages 39-60. Seriously we are on page 959 and they still continue)

MerlinTheGoat

Has anyone actually ridden it yet to confirm that it's hot as Satan's hot tub?
They're enclosed vehicles that don't have A/C. In Florida. You don't need to have ridden them to realize there's simply no way these things are going to be a comfortable temperature for at least 3 quarters of the year.

jrhwdw

I wish they would stop but the juveniles still think they are funny and they haven't stopped even with the site owner and moderators asking them to do so.
These Boards can be VERY Interesting sometimes!

Anyway, it would be nice if we could focus on a another DPB Skyliner update. Either more uncoverings(POP and Epcot Lines are still covered I think?) or a opening date. Might WDW have one already and their not sharing? Or is it still touch and go?

Luxe

They're enclosed vehicles that don't have A/C. In Florida. You don't need to have ridden them to realize there's simply no way these things are going to be a comfortable temperature for at least 3 quarters of the year.
I'll trust your opinion since you have been inside one already. Don't worry folks, our resident expert says the gondola will be too hot to ride. Sad to see Disney throw away money on transportation no one will even use... :(

MerlinTheGoat

People don't bat an eye getting into their hot cars in the parking lots. The gondolas will be moving briskly and get you to the next stop before your car air conditioning will ever kick in. Can't wait!!!!
Getting into a hot car is extremely unpleasant too, everyone hates that sensation as well. But at the very least people generally have a working air conditioning unit in their car which will generally kick in within 10 seconds or so. In the Skyliner, you're going to be trapped for a minimum of 5 minutes. And up to 15 for the farther destinations, not even mentioning that stops or breakdowns will also inevitably occur.

I don’t know. Maybe the people that designed and are building them know a little more than the rest of us?
I'll trust your opinion since you have been inside one already. Don't worry folks, our resident expert says the gondola will be too hot to ride. Sad to see Disney throw away money on transportation no one will even use... :(
You don't need to climb inside an enclosed plastic and metal box without A/C in Florida to know it's going to be hot for approximately 3/4 of the year.

Comparatively. ;)
There is no comparison. Assuming it is functioning properly, a car should generally have air conditioning and it should start to get comfortably cool within about 10 seconds.

peter11435

Getting into a hot car is extremely unpleasant too, everyone hates that sensation as well. But at the very least people generally have a working air conditioning unit in their car which will generally kick in within 10 seconds or so. In the Skyliner, you're going to be trapped for a minimum of 5 minutes. And up to 15 for the farther destinations, not even mentioning that stops or breakdowns will also inevitably occur.

You don't need to climb inside an enclosed plastic and metal box without A/C in Florida to know it's going to be hot for approximately 3/4 of the year.

There is no comparison. Assuming it is functioning properly, a car should generally have air conditioning and it should start to get comfortably cool within about 10 seconds.
You clearly don’t spend much time in Florida if your car is comfortably cool after only 10 seconds.

worldtrotter

We have very similar gondolas at our local ski resort. The doors have two small sliding windows and the roof has a ventilation trap. In the summer , the gondolas are used for hiking or mountain biking and they remain comfortable up to about 80 degrees....

MerlinTheGoat

You clearly don’t spend much time in Florida if your car is comfortably cool after only 10 seconds.
LMAO, I live in Florida... :rolleyes:

After about 10 seconds, my car at least starts to cool down considerably. More comfortable than an enclosed box without A/C will be (even with ventilation and forced exterior airflow).

Let's be real here, he obviously knows nothing about these gondolas if he is comparing them to a car that has been sitting in the sun all day.
I did not make such a comparison, at least not with the same framing you're claiming I did.

The gondolas will have some sort of forced air ventilation, so they WILL be cooler than a car that is off and has been sitting in the sun for hours. But they still won't be comfortable on 85+ degree days (which is most of the year for central Florida).

My comparison was a car after it has been turned on with the air conditioning starting to circulate for about 10 seconds. At that point, my car begins to quickly cool down and is more comfortable than these gondolas will be.

We have very similar gondolas at our local ski resort. The doors have two small sliding windows and the roof has a ventilation trap. In the summer , the gondolas are used for hiking or mountain biking and they remain comfortable up to about 80 degrees....
80 degrees is nothing. It is currently 91 degrees where I live (roughly 15 miles from WDW). High today is supposed to be 95. We're not at the peak yet either. Humidity and heat index can also get hellish.

lazyboy97o

LMAO, I live in Florida... :rolleyes:

After about 10 seconds, my car at least starts to cool down considerably. More comfortable than an enclosed vehicle without A/C will be (even with forced outside airflow).

Literally said nothing of the sort. The gondolas will have some sort of forced air ventilation, so they WILL be cooler than a car that has not been running and has been sitting in the sun for hours. But they still won't be comfortable on 85+ degree days (which is most of the year for central Florida).

My comparison was a car after it has been turned on with the air conditioning starting to circulate for about 10 seconds. At that point, my car begins to quickly cool down and is more comfortable than these gondolas will be.

Florida is sort of known to get a bit hotter than 80 degrees during most of the year... It is currently 91 degrees where I live (less than 15 miles from WDW). High today is stated to be 95. We're not at the peak yet either.
Comparing to a car is just a poor comparison. The gondolas are not sealed the way a car is sealed. A gondola does not have a large piece of glass well angled towards the sun.

imarc

All comparisons aside, they're testing these things right now and will be testing them through the heat of the summer before it opens.

We won't know if someone miscalculated until we see the temp vendor stands popup outside each station selling misting fans.

Top Bottom