News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It was so exciting seeing these glide through the air on the way to DHS today!! Cannot wait for these to open
There are certain areas where viewing the gondolas glide past is nice, such as from Norway pavilion looking over at France. But when you see the endless line of huge, grey galvonized beams as you enter HS, it's a bit ugly, IMO.

HoldenC

There are certain areas where viewing the gondolas glide past is nice, such as from Norway pavilion looking over at France. But when you see the endless line of huge, grey galvonized beams as you enter HS, it's a bit ugly, IMO.
No uglier than the monorail beams 🤷‍♂️ but I do agree they could have done something to mitigate the DHS lot; it does look a bit like a power plant

BeckyTheTechy

Just at the park last week and got to see the DHS line in person. They look great and the kids are excited to try them out. The weather was miserably hot (I’m used to going in October or January). But as long as there was a breeze or a fan I was fine. I cannot believe that these gondolas will be worse than SDMT standby line with none of the fans running and zero breeze or airflow and 95% humidity.

Goofyernmost

Just at the park last week and got to see the DHS line in person. They look great and the kids are excited to try them out. The weather was miserably hot (I’m used to going in October or January). But as long as there was a breeze or a fan I was fine. I cannot believe that these gondolas will be worse than SDMT standby line with none of the fans running and zero breeze or airflow and 95% humidity.
The reason that you cannot believe all that junk is because it will not be that way at all. However, let's not let facts influence our beliefs.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, June 14, 2019. Translucent panels are being installed on the roof of the entrance and exit passages at the International Gateway Skyliner station.

IMG_1408.JPG

Goofyernmost

Exactly my point. These will be much cooler than waiting in line for a ride with no breeze for 30+ minutes (or longer).
I apologize, I had miss read your post. You are right, they are not going to be worse then that, in fact they will be much better because you will be in the shade, there will be a 10 MPH avg. breeze forced in by the movement and it will only be 5 to 7 minutes per section. I think it will be a fun thing to ride and when I go there in September, I am hoping to hitch a ride just for fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom