News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

donaldtoo

I’m way behind here so out of the loop, but, is the Disney Rotisserieliner scheduled to open in stages, or all at the same time? I’m, honestly, not sure how all this is connected and works...can some sections be online while other sections might be shut down, or does the whole thing work or go down together...???

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m way behind here so out of the loop, but, is the Disney Rotisserieliner scheduled to open in stages, or all at the same time? I’m, honestly, not sure how all this is connected and works...can some sections be online while other sections might be shut down, or does the whole thing work or go down together...???

It is highly unlikely to open in stages.

There are three 'lines' and each have a terminus at the Caribbean Beach Station that acts like a central hub:
  • Pop/AoA <-> CBR
  • DHS <-> CBR
  • Epcot <-> CBR
Each line could operate independently of the others, as in the case of a rare temporary stoppage (e.g., someone falls getting out of a cabin). However, you don't want to be dropping people off at the CBR hub if there's a line down that can't take them to their final destination.

note2001

So you've already said.
Whether to or not to create them is in the past. Repeating our stance will change nothing.

Besides, It's all personal opinion. I like the look of the gondolas better than hundreds of buses. IMHO, truly the only beautiful mode of transportation are sailboats as they don't leave a trail or use energy other than the wind.

While some may not care for the look of the gondolas and their poles/lines, most folk will get used to them and families with young children will love being near them.

mm121

It is highly unlikely to open in stages.

There are three 'lines' and each have a terminus at the Caribbean Beach Station that acts like a central hub:
  • Pop/AoA <-> CBR
  • DHS <-> CBR
  • Epcot <-> CBR
Each line could operate independently of the others, as in the case of a rare temporary stoppage (e.g., someone falls getting out of a cabin). However, you don't want to be dropping people off at the CBR hub if there's a line down that can't take them to their final destination.
Is the bus stop at the CBB Terminal station big enough to accommodate multiple busses to get people to their final destination in the event a fill system shutdown is required?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the bus stop at the CBB Terminal station big enough to accommodate multiple busses to get people to their final destination in the event a fill system shutdown is required?

Yes, but, if they need to do that, they'd be better off just deploying buses from the source. So, rather than taking the Pop station to CBR and then a bus to Epcot if that line is down, they would just send the buses to Pop to take you to Epcot.

mm121

Yes, but, if they need to do that, they'd be better off just deploying buses from the source. So, rather than taking the Pop station to CBR and then a bus to Epcot if that line is down, they would just send the buses to Pop to take you to Epcot.
Of course that would be the case for a major system closure.

I was talking about an unexpected closure where they need to evacuate people at the next immediate station on the system.

Don't think they have a spot to get busses super close to the Riviera Station though.

mm121

I'm still not entirely sold on the idea that there going to entirely discontinue bus service from the Resorts serviced by the Skyliner to locations serviced by it.

Purduevian

They are going to be clearly visible at a minimum from the backside of France once Ratatouille is completed which I suspect will trigger the 'in the park' clause of the agreement. Much like running Avengerail on the MK loops but never Epcot loop, they could certainly put Marvel character gondola's on the Studios and/or Echo Lake lines if they chose to.

If it was simply line of site, I don't think the Avengers Monorail would have been aloud as you can very clearly see the monorail after the ticket check and Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure the Skyline will actually enter the park boundaries and you will have to pass under it to get to the new Crêperie restaurant

cspencer96

I agree that makes the most sense in theory, but there is a possibility that Transportation could handle downtimes in the way that they currently handle bus service to Epcot when only that monorail line is down. Even though it would be faster to have a bus depart directly to Epcot from MK and the monorail resorts, it would cause a lot of confusion because people would continue going to the TTC to transfer to the Epcot monorail line. Typically, buses are stationed for Epcot at the TTC as a direct replacement for the monorail, which cuts down on the number of variables for guests to deal with. They still show up at the TTC, but are simply redirected to a bus.

Lensman

I agree that makes the most sense in theory, but there is a possibility that Transportation could handle downtimes in the way that they currently handle bus service to Epcot when only that monorail line is down. Even though it would be faster to have a bus depart directly to Epcot from MK and the monorail resorts, it would cause a lot of confusion because people would continue going to the TTC to transfer to the Epcot monorail line. Typically, buses are stationed for Epcot at the TTC as a direct replacement for the monorail, which cuts down on the number of variables for guests to deal with. They still show up at the TTC, but are simply redirected to a bus.
Is the bus stop at the TTC Terminal station big enough to accommodate multiple busses to get people to their final destination in the event a system shutdown is required? [Just kidding]

You bring up an interesting point. I wonder if the number of rooms serviced makes a difference? It looks like the three monorail resorts combined have about the same number of rooms as either Pop, or AoA, or CBR+Riviera? Maybe this makes a difference?
Poly: 492 rooms
Grand Floridian: 867 rooms
Contemporary: 655 rooms
Total: 2014

Pop Century: 2880 rooms
Art of Animation: 2104
Caribbean: 1536 rooms
Riviera: ~300 rooms

Off-topic, but these numbers make me wonder if the Epcot monorail is oversized for its ridership. I know they can run fewer trains on the line, but it does make me think that something with the capacity of light rail might be more appropriate for future transit expansion. [We can continue the conversation in one of the light rail threads.]

Last edited:

nicb88

Is the bus stop at the TTC Terminal station big enough to accommodate multiple busses to get people to their final destination in the event a system shutdown is required? [Just kidding]

You bring up an interesting point. I wonder if the number of rooms serviced makes a difference? It looks like the three monorail resorts combined have about the same number of rooms as either Pop, or AoA, or CBR+Riviera? Maybe this makes a difference?
Poly: 492 rooms
Grand Floridian: 867 rooms
Contemporary: 655 rooms
Total: 2014

Pop Century: 2880 rooms
Art of Animation: 2104
Caribbean: 1536 rooms
Riviera: ~300 rooms

Off-topic, but these numbers make me wonder if the Epcot monorail is oversized for its ridership. I know they can run fewer trains on the line, but it does make me think that something with the capacity of light rail might be more appropriate for future transit expansion. [We can continue the conversation in one of the light rail threads.]

Just to mention, each of the MK Monorail resorts has its DVC component which adds around another 1000 rooms to those figures :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom