News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

hosekiller

Not sure if this has been settled yet, but gondolas were on the Studios line as of 8:30ish this evening. No movement on the line and the Studios station was dark, so I’m guessing they’re staying on the line overnight.

mm121

Just read an article posted Friday on another site titled “5 Reasons People Say They Are Totally Not Riding the Disney Skyliner.” I wish I could reach through my phone and smack the author. Their reason number three is completely stupid and shows they did ZERO research. Can we put them on the BBQ pit? Here is the quote reason #3:

This really wont be true since all the station EXCEPT Riviera have the extra loop to unload ECVs Strollers Wheelchairs etc.

No clue why they didn't include the extra loop at Riviera.

Cesar R M

View attachment 362739

When the guests are not cooked enough in the cabins, Disney introduces the black road of death to feature a 1000° degree open pit barbeque. Only $99.99 and a simple swipe of your wrist band to activate. I heard they are selling bbq sunscreen at the skyliner stations.
could have been worse.. metallic silver paint .. nothing like getting instantly blind as you enjoy your skyliner.. and then it focuses the beams below you for a more even roasting experience.

nickys

Premium Member
No clue why they didn't include the extra loop at Riviera.

It isn’t a terminal station, so there’s nowhere for the extra loop to go. At least, that’s my understanding. In any case, only ECVs should be an issue, others should be able to manage just fine without it. If you can push a stroller or wheelchair through a door, you can do it onto and out of a gondola cabin. I’m sure the CMs will help as well.

nickys

Premium Member
Just read an article posted Friday on another site titled “5 Reasons People Say They Are Totally Not Riding the Disney Skyliner.” I wish I could reach through my phone and smack the author. Their reason number three is completely stupid and shows they did ZERO research. Can we put them on the BBQ pit? Here is the quote reason #3:

They weren’t entirely wrong. The shortest leg is 3-5 minutes, the longest (CBR to IG) 5-8 minutes. I can’t remember what speeds people were working with to get those times.

So the doors may well open every 3 minutes. To let people off! :p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It isn’t a terminal station, so there’s nowhere for the extra loop to go. At least, that’s my understanding. In any case, only ECVs should be an issue, others should be able to manage just fine without it. If you can push a stroller or wheelchair through a door, you can do it onto and out of a gondola cabin. I’m sure the CMs will help as well.

Well, the could have a pull-off if they wanted to. The cabins are detached from the main haul rope as it goes through the station. At that point, it's on a track with tires pushing it along. They could have divided that track to pull off a cabin for extra loading time.

They weren’t entirely wrong. The shortest leg is 3-5 minutes, the longest (CBR to IG) 5-8 minutes. I can’t remember what speeds people were working with to get those times.

Maybe this will help...

View attachment 350895

Bender123

Im not really sure about how the circulator bus will run, like if it will include CBR and Riviera, but there is a chance that somebody with that much issue would be dropped at or directed to the CBR station. I see the Riviera station being more of a convenience station than a fully equipped one. For people staying in Aruba and the remainder of Martinique, its likely going to be easier for them to get to the Riviera station...In addition, it would be easier for these people to get to the Studios if they just cut out the half gondola leg for the transfer.

Again, this is all a "what if" based on lack of knowledge if the CBR resort bus will include Riviera, which would actually make sense.

BeckyTheTechy

;) True but the misinformation infuriates me...:mad:

Mama always said, “You can’t fix stupid...but you can numb it with a 2x4” LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom