News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lift Blog

We store them every night at Killington.
Same at Jackson Hole. Many ski resorts do not. Some don't even have the option.

If the the rails are outside, I don't see the point at WDW. The lifts aren't going to be stopped very long each night and there is no snow/ice factor.

Looks like the north parking is for the Epcot line's ~152 cabins.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Same at Jackson Hole. Many ski resorts do not. Some don't even have the option.

If the the rails are outside, I don't see the point at WDW. The lifts aren't going to be stopped very long each night and there is no snow/ice factor.

Looks like the north parking is for the Epcot line's ~152 cabins.

How is cleaning of the cabins normally handled?

SLUSHIE

How is cleaning of the cabins normally handled?

It's not. One time we had a cone in a cabin for at-least 3 days and maintenance finally asked why there was a cone in there and it was because someone threw up in it and nobody wanted to clean it. Then he took the cone out and that was that.

Also cleaning them while they are in storage isn't really ideal because they are just dangling there with very little support. They are usually stored on a slant with very little holding them in-place, so you can't really get inside it because the added weight might cause them to move.

Cleaning is way easier early in the morning when they are on the line and you can just hop in and wipe everything down real quick and move onto the next one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seems the OCPA map has been taken offline.

However, Google Earth now has imagery dated 12/17/2018.

I'll be surprised if new imagery makes it into Google Maps anytime soon. It still show DS before any parking garages were built; the foundations for Orange are just being laid.
That's odd. I was just looking at them the other day. Maybe a connection glitch to ESRI.

It's back!

kainsel

When the guests are not cooked enough in the cabins, Disney introduces the black road of death to feature a 1000° degree open pit barbeque. Only $99.99 and a simple swipe of your wrist band to activate. I heard they are selling bbq sunscreen at the skyliner stations.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
View attachment 362739

When the guests are not cooked enough in the cabins, Disney introduces the black road of death to feature a 1000° degree open pit barbecue. Only $99.99 and a simple swipe of your wrist band to activate. I heard they are selling bbq sunscreen at the skyliner stations.

Disney Events is now advertising a corporate team-building exercise where participants walk the open pit barbecue.

bunnyman

Photo update as of Monday, April 8, 2019. The Skyliner station between Pop Century and Art of Animation. The gondolas were running here off and on today.

View attachment 362782

View attachment 362783

View attachment 362784

View attachment 362785

Update on the new building (restrooms?) just off the bridge at the Art of Animation.

View attachment 362786

View attachment 362787

The third picture with the cabins over the water got me thinking about another upsell idea for Disney. Rent poles for a new fishing experience, which you can then cook in the cabin when passing over the aforementioned "open pit barbecue"!

OG Runner

The third picture with the cabins over the water got me thinking about another upsell idea for Disney. Rent poles for a new fishing experience, which you can then cook in the cabin when passing over the aforementioned "open pit barbecue"!

Maybe cetch a gator and make a pair a boots.

BeckyTheTechy

Just read an article posted Friday on another site titled “5 Reasons People Say They Are Totally Not Riding the Disney Skyliner.” I wish I could reach through my phone and smack the author. Their reason number three is completely stupid and shows they did ZERO research. Can we put them on the BBQ pit? Here is the quote reason #3:
There will also be frequent stops as the gondolas let people off at different locations. Why not hop on a resort bus that will go directly where you want to go? We hear the gondolas may go at speeds of a whopping 11 mph, but when they have to stop every three minutes to let guests off it will kind of slow down the process.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Just read an article posted Friday on another site titled “5 Reasons People Say They Are Totally Not Riding the Disney Skyliner.” I wish I could reach through my phone and smack the author. Their reason number three is completely stupid and shows they did ZERO research. Can we put them on the BBQ pit? Here is the quote reason #3:

At this point, I'm fine with their ignorance. More availability for me to book rooms in the Epcto/DHS corridor.

Nubs70

Photo update as of Monday, April 8, 2019. The Skyliner station between Pop Century and Art of Animation. The gondolas were running here off and on today.

View attachment 362782

View attachment 362783

View attachment 362784

View attachment 362785

Update on the new building (restrooms?) just off the bridge at the Art of Animation.

View attachment 362786

View attachment 362787
One would think they would make the final deck pour before those supports rot out.

TeriofTerror

I'm glad this is at WDW and not Universal. Otherwise, I'd be seriously concerned about a mosasaurus attack! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom