News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

BeckyTheTechy

So normally I’m just a reader on here, but wanted to know why some think the gondolas might be open earlier than Disney’s announced timeframe of Fall 2019? We booked CBR a year ago hoping it might be done, plus we liked the pool. When they announced fall we were a little bummed because I know people have said CBR buses are terrible.

SLUSHIE

Yes we were allowed to take whatever food we wanted from one of the lodges, only problem was they would normally close at 2 so there wasn't much food available. They also offered a free lift ticket but as a season pass holder that doesn't really do me much good.

They were incredibly underprepared for this to happen and while they posted to Twitter that evacuations were underway, they didn't start lowering people until two after after the lift stopped. They also said that more patrollers were coming from Heavenly and Kirkwood which are over an hour away. They eventually got the lift started but it was moving incredibly slow and took over an hour to get to the top and I was between towers 6 and 7.

They said that if they had to evacuate the whole chair it would have taken them till midnight to get everyone off.

joelkfla

They were incredibly underprepared for this to happen and while they posted to Twitter that evacuations were underway, they didn't start lowering people until two after after the lift stopped. They also said that more patrollers were coming from Heavenly and Kirkwood which are over an hour away. They eventually got the lift started but it was moving incredibly slow and took over an hour to get to the top and I was between towers 6 and 7.
So Heavenly sent angels to rescue those bound for the Promised Land from purgatory?

raymusiccity

So Heavenly sent angels to rescue those bound for the Promised Land from purgatory?

4 easy steps!

Lift Blog

Yes we were allowed to take whatever food we wanted from one of the lodges, only problem was they would normally close at 2 so there wasn't much food available. They also offered a free lift ticket but as a season pass holder that doesn't really do me much good.

They said that if they had to evacuate the whole chair it would have taken them till midnight to get everyone off.

I have been part of three rope evacuations with people stuck no more than two hours. 4+ hours is definitely longer than typical. At the area I work at, we generally try and make an evac call in the first 20-30 minutes. Anyone stuck on a lift for 20 minutes or more gets a free lift ticket, regardless of how they eventually get off.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So normally I’m just a reader on here, but wanted to know why some think the gondolas might be open earlier than Disney’s announced timeframe of Fall 2019? We booked CBR a year ago hoping it might be done, plus we liked the pool. When they announced fall we were a little bummed because I know people have said CBR buses are terrible.

@marni1971 said at one point that a much earlier opening was possible. Based on everything we see, it looks like they could be ready in a few more months, but Martin has more recently said that there is something that could push it back to the Fall opening Disney has announced.

Goofyernmost

@marni1971 said at one point that a much earlier opening was possible. Based on everything we see, it looks like they could be ready in a few more months, but Martin has more recently said that there is something that could push it back to the Fall opening Disney has announced.
Mechanically, from limited exposure it seems to be working alright. I still hold with my original thought that they are going to wait until the new hotel is done and ready before they start the Gondola's. Or maybe they are looking for a good place to bury the burnt bodies. Even Alligators can only eat so much.

BeckyTheTechy

all the action we are seeing now is only one line... let’s not forget that too
With DHS station being the first station started that makes sense. Hoping we see testing on the AoA/Pop line soon since it looks to be mostly complete. My guess is that testing on the Epcot line will be last since the Riviera turn is still looking like mostly a construction zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom