News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

Frost? In San Diego? Visited many times in December. While cool, no frost. You'd have to get in the low 30s for frost. San Diego's climate is temperate, due to being on the ocean and part of semi-arid Southern CA.

CA gets powerful ocean-based storms in the winter. So a "large gust of wind" isn't unusual.

San Diego is about 100 miles south of Anaheim on I-5.
It has (since 1955) never snowed at Disneyland.
So 100 miles south of that its not happening either.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I live in a city where we get temperatures on average of 0F to -10F, and ski resorts have gondolas similar to the one WDW is installing, and they never break down. So even the coldest temperature imaginable in Orlando won't stop the Skyliner.

Well, Floridians do consider temperatures in the 60s the start of a new ice age... 😉

eliza61nyc

I have not followed the gondola story so I apologize if this has been asked but are people really concerned that they will die on the gondolas?

As far as breaking down, the monorail seems to break down often.

Lift Blog

If a safety tripped... like. A brittle bar.. would they be able to bypass that normally? Or I guess since you can’t really inspect the alarm if it’s inaccessible you have to err towards respecting it even if it looks ok from the ground..

It depends on the lift. Some have multiple brittle bar systems so that one can be bypassed safely. Other times the brittle bar has to be replaced. Neither would explain a four hour evacuation. There has to be more to the story.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have not followed the gondola story so I apologize if this has been asked but are people really concerned that they will die on the gondolas?

As far as breaking down, the monorail seems to break down often.
There is a section of the populace that beleive this.

rle4lunch

sadly, yes. most of these people have no problem getting on a 50mph roller coaster though... it's quite the hypocritical hysteria going on over on the gondola construction thread. people think they're going to but struck by lightning, fall out, get decapitated by incoming low flying gondolas, spontaneously combust due to no A/C, get taken out in a hurricane.

Stitch1804

Well, Floridians do consider temperatures in the 60s the start of a new ice age... 😉

It always amazes me when we go there during the holidays and it gets colder at night, people are wearing big winter coats with beanies, girls in their UGG boots. Me I'm wearing a hoodie with a cap and I'm feeling warm. Habit of living if the south I guess.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It always amazes me when we go there during the holidays and it gets colder at night, people are wearing big winter coats with beanies, girls in their UGG boots. Me I'm wearing a hoodie with a cap and I'm feeling warm. Habit of living if the south I guess.

It's the thinned blood thing....

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
One time, I ate some chocolate chip banana bread.
images.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
sadly, yes. most of these people have no problem getting on a 50mph roller coaster though... it's quite the hypocritical hysteria going on over on the gondola construction thread. people think they're going to but struck by lightning, fall out, get decapitated by incoming low flying gondolas, spontaneously combust due to no A/C, get taken out in a hurricane.
Don't leave out "get eaten by alligators after falling out".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom