News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

champdisney

To be fair, even Cast Members are puzzled by how this will work. But then again, it has everything to do with the possibility of having no A/C and the slow speeds of the gondolas. Disney is keen when it comes to safety. Nothing to worry about, all you need is a spray bottle in hand and some patience.

lazyboy97o

To be fair, even Cast Members are puzzled by how this will work. But then again, it has everything to do with the possibility of having no A/C and the slow speeds of the gondolas. Disney is keen when it comes to safety. Nothing to worry about.
Why would Cast Members know anything?

champdisney

I didn’t say they could not. You are the one claiming that Cast Members not know about a system they have not been trained on gives credence to these concerns.
I worked a few months at WDW and this was the hot topic, still is. Do I know their sources? No. Could be a fellow bus driver dropping a bunch of ridiculous false information but that’s just a nugget of information that has been discussed. In a few months, we’ll know the true capabilities behind the gondolas.

lazyboy97o

I worked a few months at WDW and this was the hot topic, still is. Do I know their sources? No. Could be a fellow bus driver dropping a bunch of ridiculous false information but that’s just a nugget of information that has been discussed. In a few months, we’ll know the true capabilities behind the gondolas.
We do know the system’s capabilities because it is a known product. It a Doppelmayr D-Line, the latest model from one of the industry leaders and several generations removed from the old Von Roll Type 101s that is at SeaWorld San Diego and was at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom.

Bender123

We do know the system’s capabilities because it is a known product. It a Doppelmayr D-Line, the latest model from one of the industry leaders and several generations removed from the old Von Roll Type 101s that is at SeaWorld San Diego and was at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom.

Nu-uh!!!! ThE GonDOla Is a NEw TeCh aND iT MurDErS PeOPlE!!!! MoNORaIls NeVEr BReak!!! I LOVE BUS!!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Movielover

Me personally I’d probably really like to get stuck on a monorail. I probably bet that there would be many people who’d pay to experience being stuck on a monorail as well. 🤣

Evac's are high on mine and many others bucket list. When I saw the story this morning I was really envious of those on the chairlift. Harness evac with added repelling, heck yeah!

JohnD

SeaWorld gondolas failure. From reports breakers were tripped due to unusually cold frost conditions and a burst of wind. That’s ok it is never frosty or suddenly windy in Orlando.🤔

I was going to start a thread on that but you beat me to it. I can't say I didn't think of Disney's gondola system when I saw this. To be clear, I'm not pooh poohing Disney's gondola but, come on, anyone on this forum who saw this story would probably immediately think of Disney's gondola system one way or the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom