News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was at CBR a few weeks ago and that new entrance is hopping with traffic.

On the East side of the bridge, there is an underpass to that bridge to avoid crossing traffic. But, they'd need to add a pedestrian walkway on the South side of the bridge, which they should anyway otherwise Trinidad would have to cross the road twice to get to the gondola (if they're walking and not taking the internal shuttle).

SLUSHIE

The morning checks are really minimal. If there was snow overnight it's different obviously, but usually we just put a person in the first cabin that was put on the line with a radio and they were to let us know if there was anything wrong. I was the guinea pig myself multiple times because I usually worked a the top.

Creathir

Most of the pre-operational checks are in the stations. For one thing, it's usually dark along the line when ski resorts start lifts.
The morning checks are really minimal. If there was snow overnight it's different obviously, but usually we just put a person in the first cabin that was put on the line with a radio and they were to let us know if there was anything wrong. I was the guinea pig myself multiple times because I usually worked a the top.

Thank you for your replies guys!

Nubs70

Along with all the operator e-stops?

cspencer96

Knowing the typical format of Disney pre-opening procedures, I imagine that a visual inspection will be required of the entire length of each line before anyone (CM or Guests) are allowed to board. It probably would be done from a vehicle driving along the service roads (just like a vehicle with Monorail CMs must drive through Epcot to inspect the teardrop loop).

halltd

Knowing the typical format of Disney pre-opening procedures, I imagine that a visual inspection will be required of the entire length of each line before anyone (CM or Guests) are allowed to board. It probably would be done from a vehicle driving along the service roads (just like a vehicle with Monorail CMs must drive through Epcot to inspect the teardrop loop).
Why does the teardrop beam need inspected but none of the rest of the beams?

SLUSHIE

Along with all the operator e-stops?

Yes everything in the stations is checked over. All e-stops and stop buttons are pushed and reset. All the pressures of the hydraulics etc. are checked and logged, tire pressures are checked, proximity and brittle bars are tripped and reset. We also manually closed and opened every cabin door and lubed them up if necessary because if they are frozen or just sticky the cables can snap. This all takes less than 30 mins.

You also had to log things like the weather and wind speed etc. a couple times a day as well as every time it stopped, what type of stop it was and how long it was stopped. It was my understanding that this information would then be submitted to some governing body that required this of all ski lifts.

Last edited:

cspencer96

Why does the teardrop beam need inspected but none of the rest of the beams?
The rest of the beamway is inspected as well, but the platform CMs are only responsible for the beam that is in their station's zone. The teardrop is in the zone for the Epcot station, so their CMs must drive through the park (just quicker than walking around during pre-opening chaos). Other areas are inspected on foot or by car, as applicable.

Last edited:

Nubs70

One last photo of the POP terminal. Activity during my stay was mostly roof work, floor.deck rebar, and some mechanical inspections. Line did not.turn during my stay as splice markings showed not.movement.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Don't agree. There are industry standards here, plus the line has safeties to detect deropement. Id expect them to fully cycle it along with all their checks of the systems. But I don't see them doing a visual on the towers the full route.

Magic Feather

I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before, but does anyone know the estimated 'ride' time from the Epcot area hotels to DHS?
It should be about a 15 min journey including transferring, but not including walking to the station. All Epcot area Hotels (Crescent Lake), while having access to this system, are far from the targets for it. Same for guests going from DHS to Epcot. The fastest option is to simply walk, and depending on the resort, the Friendships will also likely be faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom