News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Jon81uk

why is no one talking about my worst fear with these gondolas... being stuck with 9 other people who can possibly start screaming about the heights the swaying... the potential odor from sweaty ppl in a box. I love gondola rides but im used to 2-4 people ones. Lets be honest here.. yes they fit 10 but even with my butt in there no way 10 ppl are fitting so its going to be more like 6-7 imo. Smell+screaming kids+ potential sway sickness of others.. now thats scary lol

Do you have a problem sharing the monorail with 20 strangers?

Storm

why is no one talking about my worst fear with these gondolas... being stuck with 9 other people who can possibly start screaming about the heights the swaying... the potential odor from sweaty ppl in a box. I love gondola rides but im used to 2-4 people ones. Lets be honest here.. yes they fit 10 but even with my butt in there no way 10 ppl are fitting so its going to be more like 6-7 imo. Smell+screaming kids+ potential sway sickness of others.. now thats scary lol

I really doubt they actually care about these concerns with people being sick and the odor of others , its the same in public transports but i can tell you as someone with the fear of heights i'll be scared as hell but i wont be screaming , containing it inside my head is better lol

Muffinpants

birdboxdisney.png

Movielover

This is a very simple problem to fix, while waiting in line turn to this group of obnoxious people and stare creepily at them. When they ask you to stop just respond with "How much for the women? I want to buy your women!"

Boom, empty gondola by yourself! Trust me...

hqdefault.jpg

I'm a professional!

joelkfla

Oh vey...... The gondola is going to have a much higher hourly capacity than any of the bus routes that are currently serving these resorts And their 7500 rooms. Whatever the lines are now for the buses going to Hollywood Studios and Epcot from these 7500 rooms, the gondola line will be shorter.

You have underestimated the efficiency of a departure of 8 to 10 people every 9 seconds or less vs 60 to 90 people every 10 to 15 minutes.

In just the time it would take 60 people to get on a bus, the gondola will have all 60 people in the air (suffering from stiflingly hot Suffocation and worried about being dropped into alligator-infested Waters.) On their way! :)
Oh vey is not an expression; it's oy veh, or oy vey phonetically.

jt04

Spirit said SWL wouldn't even get built this year. First saying that was his own personal guess based on how delayed everything WDW does is, then saying he had insider knowledge it wouldn't get done this year. So, that's the credibility of that source you're relying on.

@marni1971 has always said the gondola would be done before SWL. But that doesn't mean just days before. He never said 'shortly before.' If any insider had said that, I would have added it to the rumor tracker, but, no one did. So when WDW announced that SWL would be "Late Fall" perhaps you equated that to mean the gondolas would open shortly before SWL in the late fall.

Now, given how far along the gondolas are. And how several insiders are saying that they could theoretically be ready late May or within a few months of late May, we don't know why WDW is announcing "the Fall."

And that's where we are.

Why did spirit suddenly lose so much street cred around here? He used to be looked to as a demigod prophet and now almost near contempt. What happened while I was away?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why did spirit suddenly lose so much street cred around here? He used to be looked to as a demigod prophet and now almost near contempt. What happened while I was away?

He still has his admirers longing for him to come back.

But for the rest, just general indifference that he's gone because on his way out, he did stuff like what I just posted.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Now, given how far along the gondolas are. And how several insiders are saying that they could theoretically be ready late May or within a few months of late May, we don't know why WDW is announcing "the Fall."
And I wonder what PR genius let them use the phrase "the Fall" in conjunction with big, people-carrying baskets hanging from wires...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom