News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jt04

People worrying about it being crowded shouldn't. I am guessing this will be limited to magic pass and resort guests and possibly as an up charge for APs.

jt04

OK, so a couple things that occurred to me...

First, what if the small building in the NW corner of CBR isn't a necessarily a *turn* but a *Y* switch? Notice that the shape of that building isn't the same as the one in the Boardwalk parking lot. If those two buildings solely existed to redirect the cable from one direction to another, wouldn't they be virtually identical?

What if the new large building at the southern end of CBR is the maintenance bay? The Y switch in the NW corner would simply route gondolas off to the "spur" that leads to maintenance/storage, meaning the cables over/through Jamaica and Aruba would be empty most of the time.

The big question then would be, where does the 3rd side of this "Y" point? It doesn't point directly at the new DVC highrise. Instead it seems to point at the small pad in the NE corner of CBR, which could just be a footer? That's generally in the direction of OKW and Disney Springs.

Can someone with the overlaid map project that line farther east and see where it would be heading if it did indeed exit out the east of CBR? Where does it go if it goes straight? What if it turns at that NE structure?

(Though I did just realize my theory ignores the Studios station and its alignment...)

-Rob

I agree. The system looks expandable. Are there such a thing as smart gondolas?

This looks like something ripped from Elon Musk' s mind.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
People worrying about it being crowded shouldn't. I am guessing this will be limited to magic pass and resort guests and possibly as an up charge for APs.
At least part of it will be open to all. All within the sterile area. I'd assume some additional controls for the resort lines.

Looking at the London version as an example it can load 10 people every 15 seconds. As an example.

lentesta

Premium Member
At least part of it will be open to all. All within the sterile area. I'd assume some additional controls for the resort lines.

Looking at the London version as an example it can load 10 people every 15 seconds. As an example.

This....this is an idea I can get behind. Out of the box thinking. Aligned with Walt's vision for the park. Solves a transportation problem potentially without fossil fuels.

dhslxop

When you say "sterile," do you mean it in the security context - where they would be doing bag checks prior to boarding, and then not screening those people at the parks?

TiggerDad

It'll stop running every afternoon? :D

It is indeed a gondola transportation system that's being planned.

A little odd I know given the central Florida climate and it's a shame it's not a WEDway but it is a real thing.
Wow, this site is amazing. Two days ago @danlb_2000 posted a permit with odd shapes and a group of people figure out the mystery in less than 48 hours. This is huge news leaking out not in the way DIS wanted.

DDLand

I am hearing Animal Kingdom is also getting some sort of consideration for transportation. As to whether that will be from the AK lodge into the park or something grander Idk. Just that something other than buses are being considered. Take this with that grain of salt but this all is very interesting.
That Resort is near perfection, but is just a little isolated. Connecting the superb hotel with its namesake park would be fabulous. It would also allow them to put pricing more in line with monorail Resorts.

That would make me so happy (as DVC)!

Last edited:

TiggerDad

OK, so a couple things that occurred to me...

First, what if the small building in the NW corner of CBR isn't a necessarily a *turn* but a *Y* switch? Notice that the shape of that building isn't the same as the one in the Boardwalk parking lot. If those two buildings solely existed to redirect the cable from one direction to another, wouldn't they be virtually identical?

What if the new large building at the southern end of CBR is the maintenance bay? The Y switch in the NW corner would simply route gondolas off to the "spur" that leads to maintenance/storage, meaning the cables over/through Jamaica and Aruba would be empty most of the time.

The big question then would be, where does the 3rd side of this "Y" point? It doesn't point directly at the new DVC highrise. Instead it seems to point at the small pad in the NE corner of CBR, which could just be a footer? That's generally in the direction of OKW and Disney Springs.

Can someone with the overlaid map project that line farther east and see where it would be heading if it did indeed exit out the east of CBR? Where does it go if it goes straight? What if it turns at that NE structure?

(Though I did just realize my theory ignores the Studios station and its alignment...)

-Rob
I think you are on to something about the CBR elbow being a Y instead of an elbow like the one in boardwalk parking lot. But I think it does redirect both lines into the new large building. Kind of like monorail inside Contemporary. That's why @monothingie doesnt see anything large enough for a station. The station is the resort building itself, or maybe the extension by the water.

P_Radden

Nothing seen in plans or permits yet, but I'm just saying it could be...
AK.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom