News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lift Blog

Full wire rope being run between DHS and Caribbean November 9th-13th (already partially complete).

Guidewire being run from Caribbean to Pop/AoA in same timeframe (also partially complete).

Once DHS to Caribbean wire rope is complete, wire rope will next be extended from Caribbean to Pop/AoA.

Lastly, guidewire and permanent rope will extend to Riviera/Epcot turns and finally the Epcot station, completing the cable install.

Bio's photos don't show anything on the Pop/AoA line quite yet
Which photo are you looking at? I can’t see any spools, nada! :(

Can someone re-post with a big arrow /circle for me please? :oops:

Look at the base of the middle tower.
org_dsc01533.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Look at the base of the middle tower.
org_dsc01533.jpg

Thank you! I was looking in the wrong place entirely. :D:D

In my defence, I should feel I should point out that the phrase “it doesn’t look as if anything has been strung yet” to me implied I should be looking at the top of the tower for a cable ready and waiting to be strung ..... Not that I should look at the base of a tower for a huge bright spool that is totally unmissable! ;)

DisAl

With all the griping, speculating, and humor poked at this project it will really be interesting a couple of years from now to look back. I am going to guess that it will turn out that the skyliner system will turn out to be a much safer and more efficient mode of mode of transportation than just about any other transportation system. You can be sure it will be much safer than driving anywhere in Orlando! Any time I drive on I-4 I feel like a target in a shooting gallery.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With all the griping, speculating, and humor poked at this project it will really be interesting a couple of years from now to look back. I am going to guess that it will turn out that the skyliner system will turn out to be a much safer and more efficient mode of mode of transportation than just about any other transportation system. You can be sure it will be much safer than driving anywhere in Orlando! Any time I drive on I-4 I feel like a target in a shooting gallery.

I'm sure all the survivors will agree with you.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

in clear weather I agree....I'm going to wait and see what they'll do during bad weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom