News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Patcheslee

That’s actually not bad. With enough shrubs around it they could essentially hide the base from direct view...just don’t look up. :)
Thanks, I got bored after work, the whole waiting for January ADRs is killin me lol.
you guys just don't know... Disney is going to offer a Augmented reality game on the Disney app on your phone where you go buzz lightyear on the passing gondolas ;)
Or pipe in racecar sounds, and a little Lighning McQueen. Course don't know of any park that would be crazy enough to make a slow moving "ride" about fast cars. 😇

Flalex72

I think the photo makes the tower look worse than it is in reality. When Skiing next to Gondola towers, they don't seem as big as that picture makes it look. I get that when Skiing, the background is a mountain but when you are literally going right next to it, the perspective should be pretty accurate.

These towers are significantly larger in diameter than what I would consider a typical gondola/chairlift tower. In the range of 3 times bigger around.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Think finally got it lol
View attachment 298656

Plant some kudzu.

1532582271208.png

DisneyCane

These towers are significantly larger in diameter than what I would consider a typical gondola/chairlift tower. In the range of 3 times bigger around.
Just this particular tower or all of them? I don't know why they'd need to be if they aren't taller and the gondola cabins are normal sized and not carrying additional weight for A/C (please don't start that discussion again).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Lensman

For the 50th, they'll be covered in a birthday candle overlay.
I want to be clear that I liked this post because it made me laugh, not because I didn't get the irony.

Or worse. A cake. I never saw that monstrosity but I’ve seen pictures. And now I can’t get it out of my mind.

Thanks for that! :banghead:
This is 100% what happened to me. It reminded me that I still need to figure out whether to give away my WDW 25th Anniversary t-shirt. I don't know what I was thinking in buying it as I am now too embarrassed to wear it and it brings back bad memories.

Re: Kudzu
It's actually the kind of thing that might work well to hide showbuildings, but the negatives of invasiveness and (probably) surface damage probably make it a bad idea.

jmuboy

I think you are missing the point. The gondolas themselves are transportation but the towers are right in the middle of a resort. The resort is themed. It’s not just a room to sleep in. I’m not sure what they could do to “theme” the towers, but that picture posted looks pretty bad being that close to the hotel rooms.

I hope the plant some needle palm trees around the base of the CBR towers

Having the towers grow outta thick foliage would look better in this resort

bcoachable

This is a snap shot as I was hiking today of the town of Telluride- and if you look closely, you will see the free gondola that transports to and from their Mountain village area. Works beautifully as a means of transporting numbers to and from activities. I believe (lift blog, please correct me if I’m mistaken) that this system is pretty similar to the system going in at wdw.
I don’t have anything else to add- truth is, I am boasting that I am in telluride, hiking! Y’all go out now
771A6246-5D98-47DC-B55B-3B4BE9868741.jpeg
771A6246-5D98-47DC-B55B-3B4BE9868741.jpeg
and have a great day!

ABQ

This is a snap shot as I was hiking today of the town of Telluride- and if you look closely, you will see the free gondola that transports to and from their Mountain village area. Works beautifully as a means of transporting numbers to and from activities. I believe (lift blog, please correct me if I’m mistaken) that this system is pretty similar to the system going in at wdw.
I don’t have anything else to add- truth is, I am boasting that I am in telluride, hiking! Y’all go out now View attachment 298891and have a great day!
It's a wonderful village, lucky for them the 416 fire between Silverton and Durango didn't smoke the area out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t have anything else to add- truth is, I am boasting that I am in telluride, hiking! Y’all go out now and have a great day!

Look closely? It's invisible even blowing up the image!

Had to go to Google Earth to see the route. :)

1532712643826.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom