News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lensman

I think capacity will be so high that most of the time, each group will get their own cabin by default. It never hurts to politely ask, “may we have our own gondola?”
I agree. I imagine that outside of open and close - and probably really only outside of the peak of park close, you'll be able to have a cabin for your group.

Not so sure about single riders, though.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Who would have thought back then that it could be considered more civilized! I know you were joking but there's an element of truth to it.
For sure. I’d take witnessing a few tossed shoes any day over some of the nonsense we see on a pretty much daily basis these days in American politics (and from both sides). Words can sometimes hurt more than shoes...unless they are those ones with the pointy heels;)

Lift Blog

... and when they say yes, we will unhook it from the line and carry it away as a souvenir. ;)
84001-4.jpg

Biff215

I agree. I imagine that outside of open and close - and probably really only outside of the peak of park close, you'll be able to have a cabin for your group.

Not so sure about single riders, though.
Good point about single riders. Does Florida have a law regarding ferris wheels and single riders? Not sure if it would apply to an enclosed gondola anyway, but it's an interesting thought.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good point about single riders. Does Florida have a law regarding ferris wheels and single riders? Not sure if it would apply to an enclosed gondola anyway, but it's an interesting thought.
No single riders because of the fear of suicides? I’m not sure this gondola goes high enough for that to be a real risk. Some Ferris wheels go really high.

Biff215

No single riders because of the fear of suicides? I’m not sure this gondola goes high enough for that to be a real risk. Some Ferris wheels go really high.
Here in Jersey you can't go on a kiddie ferris wheel alone due to the law, and I'm pretty sure I could land the jump. Again, I don't know if you can unlock the doors on these from the inside, so maybe it's a non-factor.

Pixieish

Here in Jersey you can't go on a kiddie ferris wheel alone due to the law, and I'm pretty sure I could land the jump. Again, I don't know if you can unlock the doors on these from the inside, so maybe it's a non-factor.
Wouldn't they HAVE to unlock from the inside in case of emergency?

Lift Blog

No, they unlock from the outside. During an emergency, someone will come and unlock it.

Though you can also knock out the widows like on a bus if needed.

Actually the windows are held in place by secondary metal fasteners on all four corners. You can see them on the pictures of the first cabin at WDW. I believe they were added after an unfortunate incident where someone fell out, possibly due to a helicopter blowing out a window.

The doors can be opened from the inside and the outside with proper tools and training. They are not designed to be rider opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom