News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Trip from today:

1) The IG tower is green. Not any trick of the light, it is genuine go-away-green.

2) The little bit of silver tower peeking over the back of France looks easily fixable. Just bumping up that roof/facade a few feet would handle it - it's only an issue when looking across the lagoon.

I’m thinking the new facade behind France (RAT Expansion) will possibly be high enough to block the remaining visible top? But just a thought.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Trip from today:

1) The IG tower is green. Not any trick of the light, it is genuine go-away-green.

2) The little bit of silver tower peeking over the back of France looks easily fixable. Just bumping up that roof/facade a few feet would handle it - it's only an issue when looking across the lagoon.

Picture of IG tower from Tuesday.
IMG_0382.jpg

lazyboy97o

I’m thinking the new facade behind France (RAT Expansion) will possibly be high enough to block the remaining visible top? But just a thought.
Those facades are wrapping the existing walls. They won’t be adding much height. Even then, you would just get blank parapet walls sticking up over the pavilion.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Those facades are wrapping the existing walls. They won’t be adding much height. Even then, you would just get blank parapet walls sticking up over the pavilion.

I think there is an additional facade that will block the backstage view from the new area, I could be wrong but I thought I remembered seeing that indicated in previous permits and concept art.

lazyboy97o

I think there is an additional facade that will block the backstage view from the new area, I could be wrong but I thought I remembered seeing that indicated in previous permits and concept art.
There will not be facades on the south side of the walkway, just on the backside of the existing building.

wdizneew

There will not be facades on the south side of the walkway, just on the backside of the existing building.

Here's the concept art for Ratatouille. Looks like the gondola's will have a clear view into France and vice versa.
rat2340987FI.jpg

Here's a recent photo posted on here by @marni1971 of a gondola tower standing on what would be the left side of the concept art above. Seems like the concept art presents what guests will see while riding the gondolas.
Walt-Disney-World-Gondola-System_Full_32516.jpg

lazyboy97o

Here's the concept art for Ratatouille. Looks like the gondola's will have a clear view into France and vice versa.
View attachment 285781
Here's a recent photo posted on here by @marni1971 of a gondola tower standing on what would be the left side of the concept art above. Seems like the concept art presents what guests will see while riding the gondolas.
Walt-Disney-World-Gondola-System_Full_32516.jpg
The gondola will not be as high as the promotional art.

Animaniac93-98

Really weird question, but are they going to move the Eiffel Tower? It's current location is meant to imply a distance between it and the current set of buildings, but that's not going to work it people can walk around to the back directly behind it.

The real rescueranger

Really weird question, but are they going to move the Eiffel Tower? It's current location is meant to imply a distance between it and the current set of buildings, but that's not going to work it people can walk around to the back directly behind it.
Don't worry! I heard from a bus driver that they're going to replace the Impressions de France movie with Honey I shrunk the Eiffel Tower. The movie will be about the evil Dr Monet who has started shrinking all of the landmarks. You will be then given a mission on your cell phone to locate him and stop him before he shrinks Spaceship Earth and uses it for a ball at Fantasia minigolf. Unfortunately, the shrink ray is damaged when you defeat him and the Eiffel Tower can not be restored to its original size. I believe the imagineers working the project are the same as the ones who developed Dinorama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom