News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

NormC

Seats may be similar to Arthurs Seat Eagle. Slatted composite benches with hinged seats that lift for wheelchair or scooter access.
Eagle4.jpg

trainplane3

We should make rules about that spot...First rule of Hallway Club is that we don't talk about Hallway Club...

I actually got the best photopass picture there...I met a photographer in the mens restroom and get a picture of myself looking exhausted in the weird 80s retro bathroom. Its a stupidly funny picture when it came up on the family photo reel.
I've read news articles that usually end much differently...

Also from the BlogMickey article a couple pages back:
"As far as weather is concerned, Doppelmayr says that a model like this would be able to operate in winds up to 35mph and that the whole system is grounded and safe to operate during lightning storms."
Source: http://blogmickey.com/2017/11/photos-company-behind-disney-skyliner-gondola-display-iaapa/
THESE ARE NOT FOR WDW. THE ONES IN WDW MAY BE SIMILAR IN OVERALL DESIGN BUT WILL GAIN OR LACK CERTAIN THINGS (bars vs windows, table vs no table, ac vs no ac, etc). We'll get specifics in the future.
I know people were concerned for some reason this system wouldn't be safe in winds and lightning.

Last edited:

montyz81

I've read news articles that usually end much differently...

Also from the BlogMickey article a couple pages back:
"As far as weather is concerned, Doppelmayr says that a model like this would be able to operate in winds up to 35mph and that the whole system is grounded and safe to operate during lightning storms."
Source: http://blogmickey.com/2017/11/photos-company-behind-disney-skyliner-gondola-display-iaapa/
I know people were concerned for some reason this system wouldn't be safe in winds and lightning.
That looks like there aren't any windows in it. Is that what Disney are thinking? A full bus in Aug with air con would likely be cooler then this. I thought I heard that each car wouldn't have Air Con. I could be wrong, haven't paid much attention to the progress of the ski lift.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I know it never rains in Southern California, but we're talking Central Florida here, and with those open ends, how will these cabins fare in a typical afternoon Orlando thunderstorm? Looks like you'll need to wear a poncho, because umbrellas won't do any good in there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That looks like there aren't any windows in it. Is that what Disney are thinking? A full bus in Aug with air con would likely be cooler then this. I thought I heard that each car wouldn't have Air Con. I could be wrong, haven't paid much attention to the progress of the ski lift.

Good news! This thread hasn't been deleted and you can read it to get all caught up!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know it never rains in Southern California, but we're talking Central Florida here, and with those open ends, how will these cabins fare in a typical afternoon Orlando thunderstorm? Looks like you'll need to wear a poncho, because umbrellas won't do any good in there.

We should wait to see what the gondolas we're getting in Orlando look like before addressing such things. Just because someone posts a picture of a gondola in Oakland or a convention does it mean we're getting that model outfitted in the same way.

trainplane3

We should wait to see what the gondolas we're getting in Orlando look like before addressing such things. Just because someone posts a picture of a gondola in Oakland or a convention does it mean we're getting that model outfitted in the same way.
I edited my post since I know there may be some people that won't read the article and just look at the pictures. Even then, it'll probably bring up more questions.

bhg469

The Disney ones will have space for 10, each person has their own temperature zone. 4K OLED monitors on each side to show perfect weather,regardless of what it looks like outside and self mopping floors for rain, tracked in by guests as well as puddles left by guests made other ways. #confirmed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom