News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

nickys

Premium Member
I think that’s fake news. Without AC there’s no way the axe murderer is wearing a hood ;)

Ha! You obviously do not have teenage boys. I had my then 15 / 16 year old wearing a hoodie over his t-shirts in July. (This was a few years back, he is now a more mature and sensible - most of the time). I had to wash the hoodies each night - not surprisingly he got through at least 2 a day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was this part of the companies announcement? Other gondolas have cars which accommodate wheelchairs.

It was a joke about all the naysaying from people who didn't know anything about gondola lifts and kept repeating the same myths because they couldn't be bothered to read the thread they're supposedly interacting with. Several times people have posted that the gondolas can't accommodate wheelchairs or that wheelchairs would bring the whole system to a screeching stop.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, November 9, 2017. Construction at the Hollywood Studios gondola site.

IMG_0205.JPG

raymusiccity

It was a joke about all the naysaying from people who didn't know anything about gondola lifts and kept repeating the same myths because they couldn't be bothered to read the thread they're supposedly interacting with. Several times people have posted that the gondolas can't accommodate wheelchairs or that wheelchairs would bring the whole system to a screeching stop.

Of course wheelchairs won't bring the system down....it's the idiots who don't know how to drive rental scooters that will be the real scourge of the gondolas :(

FerretAfros

Not super up to date, but here are some ground-level views of the construction at the main gondola station, at the Caribbean Beach Resort. These photos were taken along Sea Breeze Dr, near the connector to Victory Way. The connector road is also being expanded with a new permanent guard booth, and a new right-turn pocket lane along northbound Victory Way

Looking east along Sea Breeze Dr. The new guard booth foundation can be seen just to the left of the lightpole:
IMG_2863.JPG

Looking toward the south. The dark-colored hill on the horizon is the site of the gondola station:
IMG_2864.JPG

And since there doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread for CBR construction, structural steel appears complete for the new porte cochere on the front side of Centretown and the dining expansion in the rear:
IMAG00965.jpg

IMAG00964.jpg

All photos were taken last Sunday, November 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom