News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

P_Radden

Only by completely replacing it.
My thinking is, long term, whatever western connection comes in could meet the Skyliner system at that station. Also there is room across the canal for another Friendship boat dock.
Something like this:
DMna-MtX4AEbCUz.jpg

jt04

My thinking is, long term, whatever western connection comes in could meet the Skyliner system at that station. Also there is room across the canal for another Friendship boat dock.
Something like this:View attachment 241332

I'd favor a system that goes from internal of DHS (near RNRC) to somewhere near Rafiki planet watch. Possibly with a stop at CSR.

raymusiccity

A look inside the Epcot station area taken during the run-Disney race today.

View attachment 241551

Thanks for the photo. I'm willing to bet that the International Gateway station will be inundated with a steady stream of park goers. I don't see how they're going to limit the amount of people who want to go on the Skyliner, strictly as an attractive and free 'ride'. It will be visible beyond 'France' and even more so, from the Ratatouille queue. :cyclops:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thanks for the photo. I'm willing to bet that the International Gateway station will be inundated with a steady stream of park goers. I don't see how they're going to limit the amount of people who want to go on the Skyliner, strictly as an attractive and free 'ride'. It will be visible beyond 'France' and even more so, from the Ratatouille queue. :cyclops:

At its rate of people per hour, it will have nearly no queue for most of the day. Just during opening and closing rush will there be lines. So, no big deal. Just like people who want a 'free ride' on the monorail.

raymusiccity

At its rate of people per hour, it will have nearly no queue for most of the day. Just during opening and closing rush will there be lines. So, no big deal. Just like people who want a 'free ride' on the monorail.

Perhaps. Except, the Skyliner is the shiny new 'ride', and visible from within both EPCOT and the 'Studios'. All of the children, (and grown up children), have already been on the Monorail.

Goofyernmost

Did the monorail have that issue when it first opened, then?
Didn't have any choice back then. That was the only way to MK. When it could no longer handle the demand the boats were added. I might add that didn't take to long. However, today, many still ride it just to ride it, very few just do that ride to Epcot and Back (I have) but, they do get a thrill out of it. The same will apply to the Gondola's.

TrojanUSC

Didn't have any choice back then. That was the only way to MK. When it could no longer handle the demand the boats were added. I might add that didn't take to long. However, today, many still ride it just to ride it, very few just do that ride to Epcot and Back (I have) but, they do get a thrill out of it. The same will apply to the Gondola's.

I just rode it to ride it not too long ago, for old time's sake. Sidenote - was horrified at how badly the cabins smelled and how dreadful the interiors are looking.

Goofyernmost

I just rode it to ride it not too long ago, for old time's sake. Sidenote - was horrified at how badly the cabins smelled and how dreadful the interiors are looking.
What the hell trains are you guys riding. I have never seen anything dreadful or smelled anything bad on any of the trains, that were inherently just a monorail problem, I have ever ridden. Is this an imaginary thing? And if you are going to include pictures to prove a point be sure that it isn't a pile of junk left on there by another guest. Disney has time to clean everything at night, not while they are running and slob guests leave their calling cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom