Oscar Mayer Memer
In thinking they may look like this:
ac_outside.jpg

;) jk

More like:

150303g.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
On the AC issue I think we've all given opinions and beat a dead horse over and over again. I'm as guilty as anyone. Let's just agree to disagree and when this thing opens we'll all see how it actually works.

On the station design I am curious to see if they will be enclosed buildings with just an opening for the cars to enter/exit or if they will be more open air with just a roof but no walls. I think it's already confirmed they would be at ground level which makes sense for most of the stations but I was curious if they might try to do a CR monorail type thing and have the gondola station for the CBR DVC tower be elevated and maybe go through the building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On the station design I am curious to see if they will be enclosed buildings with just an opening for the cars to enter/exit or if they will be more open air with just a roof but no walls. I think it's already confirmed they would be at ground level which makes sense for most of the stations but I was curious if they might try to do a CR monorail type thing and have the gondola station for the CBR DVC tower be elevated.
Buildings will be similar to the old Tomorrowland skyway station in thinking; roofed and with walls but not exactly enclosed. There will be some windows but I wouldn't call them airtight buildings with small holes for the gondolas. The CBR stations will be the ones enclosed the most.

All will be at ground level or there abouts (no stairs / elevators)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
On the AC issue I think we've all given opinions and beat a dead horse over and over again. I'm as guilty as anyone. Let's just agree to disagree and when this thing opens we'll all see how it actually works.

I can get on board with this.

On the station design I am curious to see if they will be enclosed buildings with just an opening for the cars to enter/exit or if they will be more open air with just a roof but no walls. I think it's already confirmed they would be at ground level which makes sense for most of the stations but I was curious if they might try to do a CR monorail type thing and have the gondola station for the CBR DVC tower be elevated and maybe go through the building.

I think they should model at least one of them after Tron. Entering the port could be modeled as entering the game, and you're on board a recognizer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Parisian = International Gateway
Art Deco = DHS
After this, it gets harder...
Stoney = CBR South? Maybe something either like the pool or the PotC queue?
Wavey = AoA/Pop? Something kinda generic to fit both resorts, or tied into the Nemo area, or the station is on the water, after all.
Regal = The only one left would be the new tower, which I believe the theme was called "surprising"? Hmm...

Edit: Awesome job on the Horizons video, Martin!
I think you nailed it. The first 2 are a slam dunk. CBR South would make sense to match the pool there:
IMG_0731.JPG

I hope the AoA station being wavey is more generic over the water wavey and not to match the Nemo area which is closest to the station. Wavey in style like this:
IMG_0733.JPG

Not this:
IMG_0732.JPG

That leaves regal for the DVC tower. It's hard to picture since we don't have a good concept of what the resort will look like.

peter11435

I think you nailed it. The first 2 are a slam dunk. CBR South would make sense to match the pool there:
View attachment 213208
I hope the AoA station being wavey is more generic over the water wavey and not to match the Nemo area which is closest to the station. Wavey in style like this:
View attachment 213212
Not this:
View attachment 213213

That leaves regal for the DVC tower. It's hard to picture since we don't have a good concept of what the resort will look like.
I could also see swapping pop/art and CBR south. Pop/art is going on the existing stone bridge so they may mimic that aesthetic. CBR south being the main transfer building for all lines and the largest since it houses more than just a station may be the generic wavy building.

But seeing as @marni1971 has liked your post I think you may be right.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Martin has already clued us in that the Pop/AoA station will be themed to 'wave', so, there's wavy.

And I'm sure we can all agree that Art Deco will be DHS.

Previously Martin said that the IG station will be themed for the area... which I interpreted as more international than French. But, hey, it could be Parisian... unless the DVC tower is themed to a French Caribbean vibe. So, Regal and Parisian could go either way, I would guess.

That leaves CBR South as stone.

But, much much more importantly, what will the turn station in the BoardWalk parking lot be themed as?

Probably like this...

upload_2017-7-2_12-14-28.png

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe it's just me....But I would love to see these gondola's themed to characters that fly....So at least you can see them as they go over the areas..

peter-flying.png
dumbo-timothy.png

If not they will probably go with a similarity to the colors used on the Disney Transport buses..
Bus-Transportation_Full_19278.jpg

GeneralKnowledge

I'm just sitting over here with my mind blown that you "experts" can't figure out an easy way to generate enough power from the Florida sun, from gondola motion, and from being docked at a station to power small AC units.

This is simple electronics/electrical theory. Theoretically they could pull plenty of power by combining all three methods with diversion load controllers and a simple interface circuit to feed the proper amount of power needed to charge a super capacitor and drive a small AC unit at the same time.

..but what do I know, you people are obviously far more intelligent.

Also, great job at ignoring @larryz pointing out that patent.

We "experts" know it isn't feasible (not impossible, just not feasible) because 99% of all gondolas in the entire world do not have it. It is the real experts who design and build these transportation systems for a living that have evaluated the science behind it and have determined that it isn't feasible. If it was as easy as you say, it would be done in all of the gondola systems installed in warm climates throughout the world. Stop being a troll and cluttering up this thread with your senseless babble.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Wonder if the gondolas will have audio such as music or a narrator telling you about things at the park.

"Fall 13 stories at the Tower of Terror!"

"Next stop, Caribbean Beach Resort"
Somehow, I don't thing they'll be mentioning falling 13 stories to a group of guests in a plexiglass and aluminum capsule suspended over the ground by a single cable...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could also see swapping pop/art and CBR south. Pop/art is going on the existing stone bridge so they may mimic that aesthetic. CBR south being the main transfer building for all lines and the largest since it houses more than just a station may be the generic wavy building.

But seeing as @marni1971 has liked your post I think you may be right.
Your way actually might make more sense. The stone structure would probably blend more next to the bridge there. For CBR south it's not really all that close to the pool area so it really doesn't need to blend with that look.

GeneralKnowledge

For all you know it has nothing to do with it not being feasible and more to do with a bean counter who wouldn't fund the project. Calling me a troll because you don't like my comments just makes you look dense.

I have an engineering degree, it's a relatively simple calculation that you have proven time and time again that you have no clue how to do.

I can only assume you're a troll because you continue to make senseless claims not based in fact and attack anyone that says otherwise. If you're not a troll you're just incredibly confident and even more incredibly stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom