News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Brian

I was watching a live stream of the Skyliner today and on the route from CBR to DHS they were playing a sound track of bird sounds in the car. First time I have heard of them doing that, normally it's quite except for the annoucements.

Add that to the "What's still on" list. Might be the biggest thing we've got for the foreseeable future.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if you could opt out. That sounds (pun) annoying....

I don't know what can be more annoying than the "BONGGG BONGG You are now traveling over Hourglass Lake that bridges the gap betwBONGG BONGG you are now approaching you destination please collect your belongings and remain seated until in the station..."

JoeCamel

I don't know what can be more annoying than the "BONGGG BONGG You are now traveling over Hourglass Lake that bridges the gap betwBONGG BONGG you are now approaching you destination please collect your belongings and remain seated until in the station..."
Really? They should just put a map and diagrams on the wall under plastic (oh carp I forgot about the blind).. I have not and probably won't ride, I did plenty of skiing when I was younger so it is transport not a novelty.

begood524

I was watching a live stream of the Skyliner today and on the route from CBR to DHS they were playing a sound track of bird sounds in the car. First time I have heard of them doing that, normally it's quite except for the annoucements.
They must be adding that in because it sounds like there are issues with it cutting off the narrator

Goofyernmost

Really? They should just put a map and diagrams on the wall under plastic (oh carp I forgot about the blind).. I have not and probably won't ride, I did plenty of skiing when I was younger so it is transport not a novelty.
I might go just to ride them. A few hours of entertainment without having to buy a park ticket.

DisneyDebRob

How about a nice peaceful quiet room. Let the view speak for itself. Then again if your stuck in there with someone you don’t feel like talking with, the narrator is a good thing. 🙂

Goofyernmost

How about a nice peaceful quiet room. Let the view speak for itself. Then again if your stuck in there with someone you don’t feel like talking with, the narrator is a good thing. 🙂
I don't think that the policy is putting strangers together. They should have plenty of capacity now to keep things separated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some new spiels and no chimes before every single interruption...

EDIT: I thought this was new since it was newly posted. It's not. Ignore it.

Last edited:

toolsnspools

I would imaging someone has already confirmed this, but I just rode the Skyliner from DHS to Riviera and back. It's 97 degrees and humid enough to chew the air. I'm wearing a mask. It was pleasant and cool in the Skyliner, even when it slowed for loading folks needing assistance. In fact I would much rather be back in the Skyliner than standing here for my bus. Disney will need another plan for spontaneously combusting guests.

toolsnspools

Just read the last few pages as well. I didn't see any sanitary issues. There's hand sanitizer before load and after you exit. It was easy to ride without touching much with your hands. Disney has been great this week with being clean. They are operating at about 15% of the typical crowd size though. I'm sure problems will come up as crowd levels increase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom